• SloppyGoat
    • Feb 2002

Database error

What does this mean? Any idea?

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: SELECT template,title
    FROM template
    WHERE (title IN
    ('showthread_ratingdisplay','postbit_search','postbit_buddy','postbit_ignore','postbit_use remail','icq','aim','yahoo','postbit_homepage','postbit_profile','postbit_ip_show','postbi t_ip_hidden','postbit','postbit_sendpm','postbit_avatar','postbit_offline','postbit_online ','postbit_editedby','postbit_signature','postbit_attachment','postbit_attachmentimage','s howthread_adminoptions','showthread_threadrate','showthread_pollresults_voted','showthread _pollresults_closed','showthread_pollresults_cantvote','showthread_firstunread','showthrea d_nextnewestthread','showthread_nextoldestthread','forumrules','showthreadhead_sound','gob utton','timezone','username_loggedout','username_loggedin','phpinclude','headinclude','hea der','footer','forumjumpbit','forumjump','nav_linkoff','nav_linkon','navbar','nav_joiner', 'pagenav','pagenav_curpage','pagenav_firstlink','pagenav_lastlink','pagenav_nextlink','pag enav_pagelink','pagenav_prevlink')
    AND (templatese|id=-1 OR templatesetid=1))

ORDER BY templatesetid
    mysql error: Unknown column 'templatese' in 'where clause'

mysql error number: 1054
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no 'templatese' field in any version of vB. If that's really the error, then it's from a hack you've installed. Reupload the original vB files to fix this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SloppyGoat
      • Feb 2002

Nope, no hacks installed recently. Could it just be from someone entering an invalid address or characters? It only happened once. I mean, can you tell from that mess what was done to cause it?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

I didn't ask if you have any hacks installed 'recently'.

As far as I can tell this error is from a modified file.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SloppyGoat
          • Feb 2002

How can you tell? This is the rest or the error. It appears it was just showthread.php, which I haven't messed with for years, if at all. I don't believe I've ever modified that file, actually.

Script:
          http://tga.dynu.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&threadid=10024

It also appears that it should've been 'templatesetid', if you look above that it says "ORDER BY templatesetid." Apparently, it threw a bad character in there for some reason.

(templatese|id=-1 OR templatesetid=1))

What file would that be in, just so I can check the syntax and make sure it doesn't really have an error? I don't see any 'templatesetid' in showthread.php anyway.
          Last edited by SloppyGoat; Sun 16 Apr '06, 8:18am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You do realize that we cannot provide support for forums running modified code, ight?

At any rate, reupload the original showthread.php file to fix this. Most likely your modified file has a hard return where it shouldn't.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• SloppyGoat
              • Feb 2002

I just told you it's not modified. Geez! Look, the board has been running without a glitch for practically years now. Nothing has been done to that file. Understand? There's nothing wrong with that file, IMO. This only happened once, and hasn't happened since. I was just wondering what it means, or what caused it. Apparently, you don't really know. Thanks.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

You would not get this error with unmodified files. Since you have hacks instlled and choose not to follow my advice, you can try asking for help over at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• SloppyGoat
                  • Feb 2002

How do you figure? I've never had the error before, and may never have it again. There is indeed a 'templatesetid', is there not? Are you failing to realize that 'templatese' is merely a truncated version of 'templatesetid'? It looks more to me like the entire command (or whatever you call it) was not received for some reason.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

What is it you want me to tell you? Maybe you could just tell me the answer thast is acceptable to you and this will save us both some time.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• SloppyGoat
                      • Feb 2002

Something helpful, maybe. Nevermind. If it was modified code causing the problem, it would do it every single time, and it would definitely be something I could duplicate. You should know that. In this instance, I was really wondering what this person or bot was doing when this happened. If it was just accessing that link, then that sure doesn't explain why there was an error. When a board runs perfect with no errors for so long, then you have one out of the blue like that, it's definitely not a hack. Nice cop out, though. Thanks.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                        Former vBulletin Developer
                        • Dec 2000

This is a server error and has been seen before.

Its memory corruption though I can't remember what part is causing it, if you look at the query you posted it says

Code:
                        templatese|id=-1
                        But if you search all the PHP code you'll notice that there is no templatese|id but templatesetid.

Usual suspects are Op Code Caches like Zend Optimizer, Zend Accelerator, APC, eAccelerator, Turck MM Cache etc.

I've informed Steve of these situtations now for his future reference.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• SloppyGoat
                          • Feb 2002

Thanks Scott. I was guessing it was something like that, since it seems to be a fluke, as far as I can tell. I am running Zend Opt. Maybe I have a questionable RAM module then? It's possible, since it is a pretty old server. So, memory probably flaked out and caused an invalid character to be inserted in place of the "t"? I suppose it's time to test my RAM, eh? I did search for 'templatesetid' in showthread.php, but didn't find that in it either.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                            Former vBulletin Developer
                            • Dec 2000

Its within functions.php and is called from global.php on every page to fetch the templates.

Are you running the latest versions of PHP / MySQL / Zend Optimizer, try giving them an upgrade if you can.
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• SloppyGoat
                              • Feb 2002

No, not the latest versions. I ran into a problem with updating php, so I've only done manual security updates. I'm going to leave it as is, if I can. The plan is to build a new server and go to v3.5 soon. So, in the meantime, I just want to keep this version running until that happens. The old board still screams. It's quite amazing, considering the low bandwidth and server specs I'm working with.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...