X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MattD
    • Aug 2005

Drop a cookie at the age gate for COPPA compliance

Hello,

I am in desperate need of finding a way to drop a cookie at the registration age gate, in order for us to remain compliant for COPPA.

I have searched all over, and cannot find a way to do it.

I cam across this link, which was a discussion of the same issue, which someone actually got it resolved. Sadly, the link he gave to the solution is no longer valid.

Like the other thread, I don't want to start a debate on whether or not the current system in place is actually compliant, because I know for a fact that our forum needs the system.

Any help would be awesome, as I really need to get this implemented ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If the current system is not sufficient for your needs, then changing this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MattD
      • Aug 2005

Thanks for the response

Thanks for the quick response.

I have been searching/posting over there as well attempting to find help, however haven't been able to get anyone to comment on the issue.

In the thread i referenced, I noticed that there was discussion that a cookie drop for the age gate could be a future feature for vbulliten. That was 2 years ago. I take it that never became implemented in a future version?

I was hoping it was some sort of option that I just didn't know how to implement.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • May 2000
        • 1.1.x

I'll add it today for 3.6

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • May 2000
          • 1.1.x

.. and so it is in. If a COPPA age is entered and this new option is enabled, the user will get the age stored in a cookie. Any retries to register will use the stored DOB and not allow a new DOB to be entered.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...