Avatar posted larger than usergroup allows...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobFerrari
    • Feb 2003

Avatar posted larger than usergroup allows...

A usergroup has a 80 by 80 and 40k limit. A user in that usergroup is able to post a 109 by 100 pixel avatar. How? They are part of no other usergroups and that is their primary. Is the code not looking at pixel limit and only file size?

I'm on 3.5.4.

Thanks,
    rob
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

It should look at both, can you attached the avatar here so we can take a look at it?

Comment

• RobFerrari
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Zachery
      It should look at both, can you attached the avatar here so we can take a look at it?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I just tested it on my 3.5.4 and I have no Image Modification settings set (GD/IM)

The Dimension limits for this filetype are 80 x 80. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 109 x 133.

Possibly a fluke..

Comment

• RobFerrari
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Zachery
          I just tested it on my 3.5.4 and I have no Image Modification settings set (GD/IM)

The Dimension limits for this filetype are 80 x 80. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 109 x 133.

Possibly a fluke..
          I have image modification on. Could that be a problem? For profile pictures it distorts the colors, first I've seen of problem with avatar.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

It should have resized it to the proper deminisions.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • May 2000
              • 1.1.x

If you can duplicate it with that image on your forum then open a support ticket and I will investigate.

Comment

• RobFerrari
                • Feb 2003

I'm checking on something now with the mods. I think a mod might have uploaded the avatars for the user. Before 3.5.4 mods couldn't change a users avatar above 80 by 80, this is something new with the current version. If it does turn out to be a bug, I'll report it. Thanks.

Comment

• RobFerrari
                  • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                  If you can duplicate it with that image on your forum then open a support ticket and I will investigate.
                  Ok, it was just a mod, don't know if you can consider that a bug or not a mod can upload an avatar to user larger than their limit or maybe the resize doesn't work correctly from Mod CP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...