• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John_McC
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

Old Threads are there--Posts not showing up

Hello,

I'll try to explain this as best as possible...

Last week we had some server problems, i.e. the location where our database was stored ran out of disk space (Error 28 from Table Handler kept coming up). That has been fixed now, the Forum is back up, however this is what's happening.

1- All Threads are still in tact, but there are no posts shown (no text in the body).

2- Clicking on the username of someone who has not reposted since it has been back up takes you to the "User has not been registered" page.

3- All new posts are working fine (since last Friday).

4- Looking in the database tables, all users and all previous posts are still in the tables as far as I can tell. All users show up fine in the Admin panel as well.

Here is what I have done so far--to no avail:

1- Upgraded to version 3.5.4 from 3.5.1 (complete replacement of all files)

2- Optimize/Repair Tables & Fix Unique Indexes (several times)

3- Updated counters (all)

4- Created new style (as per this board)

5- Checked all settings (I am using everything totally default--no images, no plugins, no themes, nothing other than base install package)

Again, it looks like everything is there in the database tables. Any suggestions for further troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

How many rows are in your post table? If the out-of-space error (28) went on for too long it's possible you lost data.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Dec 2000

You might need to actually stop the MySQL server and run myisamchk from the command line to try a full and extensive repair.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• John_McC
        • Apr 2006
        • 3.5.x

Hello,

I show 16 rows in the posts table.

Unfortunately the hosting company controls the database, so I don't have access to the SQL server directly. We are moving to a new host soon, since they have horrible customer support. The database was down for about 2 days, if that helps.

Also, I have SQL dump backups from before this happened. Is it possible to merge that data and restore them?

Thanks again--I really appreciate it.

Comment

• John_McC
          • Apr 2006
          • 3.5.x

Okay, I'm pasting back in the posts from the SQL dump (via an INSERT) and it seems to be working. Are there any other tables I need to copy back into the database?

There are 1373 rows in the backup of the Posts table and thankfully the new posts (the 16 rows are new) started the numbering sequence where the previous left off.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
            • Dec 2000

attachments are related to posts too, you could have threads without posts though.

Run this
            SELECT * FROM thread LEFT JOIN post USING (threadid) WHERE post.threadid IS NULL

That will show you threads that have no posts.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• John_McC
              • Apr 2006
              • 3.5.x

The attachments are looking okay--there was only one to begin with and it's in tact.

It came back with 10 Threads without posts. What do I do about those?

Thanks

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                • Dec 2000

they need deleted since they dont have any posts associated with them
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• John_McC
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3.5.x

Okay, will do.

Thanks again for all your help--I'm very happy now!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...