X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xDillingerx
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.5.x

problem with the import submenu in control panel

I'm working on a clients vbulletin and am having problems with the import submenu. When you first click it I am prompted to enter the customer number, but after I do so the page simply goes blank. Before it was complaining about MSSQL so I recompiled PHP to support it and now I simply get the blank page. I've done some digging around the forums and haven't really found an answer so any ideas would be much appreciated.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

<Moved to Import forum>

AFAIK this is due to the files not being uplodaed correctly or extra space or lines in your ImpExConfig.php file. Make sure there is no whitespace or extra lines in ImpExConfig.php either before the <?php or after the ?>, and reupload reupload all the original vB Impex. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

I would need to know the systems details to help with this one.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• xDillingerx
        • Mar 2006
        • 3.5.x

Thanks for the quick respones. I made sure there were no blank lines in the config file before or after the beginning and end php tags and I downloaded impex and reuploaded the files and I'm still getting the same blank page.

As far as the system goes its a dell poweredge running red hat enterprise 4. Its running apache, vbulletin version is the newest stable release.

Comment

• Jerry
          • Dec 2002
          • 1.1.x

Which system are you importing from ?
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• xDillingerx
            • Mar 2006
            • 3.5.x

Not sure I think its just an old vbulletin that used to be hosted somewhere else. Thats not really the point though the fact is theres nothing that even lets me select what im importing from, its just a blank page.

Comment

• Jerry
              • Dec 2002
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by xDillingerx
              Not sure I think its just an old vbulletin that used to be hosted somewhere else. Thats not really the point though the fact is theres nothing that even lets me select what im importing from, its just a blank page.
              I need to know what your doing to be able to help figure out what is going on.

If the source is vBulletin why are you building MSSQL into PHP ?
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• xDillingerx
                • Mar 2006
                • 3.5.x

I'm guessing my client was trying to import from an existing vbulletin running on a machine that uses mssql. He told me after I recompiled php to support mssql the error went away but now it just leaves the blank page and I'm not exactly sure why. I can try to get more specific information if need be, thanks.

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by xDillingerx
                  I'm guessing my client was trying to import from an existing vbulletin running on a machine that uses mssql. He told me after I recompiled php to support mssql the error went away but now it just leaves the blank page and I'm not exactly sure why. I can try to get more specific information if need be, thanks.
                  I will need a lot more info than that as vBulletin doesn't use MSSQL so there is no reason to have that complied unless ImpExConfig was set to import from a MSSQL database, which it isn't set to by default.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...