Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wachtmeister
    • Apr 2004
    • 3.6.x

Question about translated phrases being overwritten be always the same plug-in

Hi there,

i use a plug-in from vb.org and translated all the phrases for this plug-in.

Unfortunately all my translated phrases are overwritten with every update for this product. When checking for unnecessary phrases in vBulletin i get all my translated phrases marked as unnecessary.

Is someone able to tell me (and the author of this plug-in) what goes wrong here? It is hack related, but it also is vb related, because maybe the author of the plugin needs to change something in his installscript?

Some help would be very fine.

Thanks, Wachtmeister

To be more specific:
    The plugin uses a phrase called plugin_name_welcome = "Welcome"
    I translate this to plugin_name_welcome = "Willkommen" for the german language.
    After upgrading the plugin with checked "overwrite" box i have one unnecessary plugin_name_welcome = "Willkommen" and one untranslated plugin_name_welcome.

Too much?
    Stromspar-Suchmaschine
    Theken & Tresen

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You need to ask this in the appropriate thread for this plugin over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...