• Show
Clear All
  • lazyseller
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.5.x

Search question?

I have some threads with state abbreviations such as

CA: come check out blah

is there a way for me to search for just ca: ? and it brings me a list of all threads with that set of prefixes ?

currently it says

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : ca:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Assuming you are using the default vB search type and not fulltext, you could lower the search limit to words with 2 characters (which would substantially increase the size of your database.)

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Search Index Minimum Word Length

You'll need to rebuild the search index after doing this. You also may need to add some of those strings here (for instance 'OR' for Oregon):

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Words to be excluded from search
    Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lazyseller
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.5.x

this would probally increase the load on the webserver i assume ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Oh yeah.
        Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...