X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Diver
    • May 2003

.datastore doesn't exist

Hey,
    I have been getting hundreds of emails with similar errors for my forums for a while now, not sure what is causing it.

I did a search on google and just found information from people importing from vb 2.x to 3

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:

SELECT title, data
    FROM datastore
    WHERE title IN ('','options','bitfields','forumcache','usergroupcache','stylecache','languagecache','prod ucts','pluginlist','cron');

MySQL Error : Table 'wmforum_forum.datastore' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Date : Tuesday, February 7th 2006 @ 01:31:10 PM
    Script : http://www.webmasterforums.net/cron.php?&rand=436497
    Referrer : http://webmasterforums.net/showthread.php?t=8501
    IP Address : 82.226.210.40
    Username :
    Classname : vb_database
    Thanks
    John
    John Diver
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

How long ago did you upgrade? These could be from errors generated when people were accessing your forums while you were upgrading and the emails could be coming from the mail queue.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• John Diver
      • May 2003

Checked and theres nothing in the queue.

All my sites are sending this error by email though, some haven't even been updated and are new installs from the latest version.

All emails are current

Heres another:

MySQL Error : Table 'dace_forum.datastore' doesn't exist
      Date : Tuesday, February 7th 2006 @ 08:56:11 AM
      Script : http://www.deuceace.com/announcement.php?f=4
      Referrer :
      IP Address : 65.54.188.100
      Username :

Thanks
      John Diver

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Well datastore does exist otherwise your forums wouldn't work at all. Are you using table prefixes? Have you installed any hacks or plugins ot modified any code?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• John Diver
          • May 2003

Yes I have modified code on some forums but other forums are giving the same error and haven't had anything changed.

It looks like my forums aren't working at all now..they were earlier and I was still getting the same error though.
          John Diver

Comment

• John Diver
            • May 2003

Forgot to say, no I don't use a prefix for any of my vb forums.
            John Diver

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

If you are not using a table prefixs, then I still believe this is from the server email cahce, otherwise your forums would not be working at all. I assume you have root access to this server sincce you said you looked.

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• John Diver
                • May 2003

It couldn't be from the cache, the forums aren't working now and theres nothing in the queue, the emails are being generated each time I access the sites.

I am getting errors on vb installs that haven't been changed at all since the install - Not skin change, hacks etc.

Theres a lot of forums all giving the same error right now, maybe 6-7 sites all on my server.
                Last edited by John Diver; Tue 7 Feb '06, 11:33am.
                John Diver

Comment

• John Diver
                  • May 2003

I don't know what's up but I have the sites on another server and they are having the exact same problem, so it isn't a server setting anyway.
                  John Diver

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by John Diver
                    I don't know what's up but I have the sites on another server and they are having the exact same problem, so it isn't a server setting anyway.
                    To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• John Diver
                      • May 2003

Done this but I can't access the admin panel to set a new style.

Should I be getting the same error even on forums that haven't had any changes made from the install?
                      John Diver

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

To be honest if everything you've said is correct then I don't see how it is possible to get new error emails like this with the original vB code.

Also this is the first you've mentioned not being able to enter the Admin CP. When did this start and what happens when you try?

Did you follow my suggestions on disabling plugins and reuploading the original files?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• John Diver
                          • May 2003

Yeah I did it on one of my forums, it didn't have any hacks installed so I reuploaded all files and changed the config file.

I hadn't tried to go to the admin panel before but its the same error:

SELECT title, data
                          FROM datastore
                          WHERE title IN ('','options','bitfields','forumcache','usergroupcache','stylecache','languagecache','prod ucts','pluginlist','cron','maxloggedin','mailqueue','pluginlistadmin');

MySQL Error : Table 'wmforum_forum.datastore' doesn't exist
                          Date : Tuesday, February 7th 2006 @ 09:31:06 PM
                          Script : http://www.webmasterforums.net/admincp/index.php
                          Referrer :
                          IP Address : 194.46.127.23
                          Username :
                          Theres an install on my server at www.ladyshamrock.com/forum and that hasn't had any changes at all.

I have been getting this error since 10pm last night but the site just stopped working today but the error hasn't changed.

Can I open a support ticket with login details?

I really can't see anything else to do and nothing has changed..the datastore is there so I don't understand the error.
                          John Diver

Comment