when and how to Disable the Plugin/Product System ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xmlxp
    • Jun 2004

when and how to Disable the Plugin/Product System ?

am planing to upgrade from 3.5.2 to 3.5.3 but i want to know WHEN and HOW EXACTLY i should Disable the Plugins i installed in my forum

1. is it before i do backup i disable the Plugin/Product System from Admincp?

2. or just disable each one of them from ( manage product ) option in admincp?

3. or after i upload files i Simply edit config.php and add this code:

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

any where in config.php ?

i am really comfused about the correct way of Disabling plugins before upgrade
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

It's not necessary to disable the Plugin system when upgrading. And you can turn off the Plugins from the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System -> Enable Plugin/Hook System -> No
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• xmlxp
      • Jun 2004

from vbulletin upgrading FAQ

Upgrading vBulletin FAQ From time to time the vBulletin team will release new vBulletin updates, be it major or minor it is generally best to upgrade as soon as possible, regardless of any hacks you have installed. We tend to get a bunch of the same questions over and over so I am going to list them all out and explain them

Q. Will I lose my plugins?

A. The anwser is no, however there is always a chance that your plugin may no longer work, or may cause problems, I'd advise disabling plugins before upgrading to save any headaches that may be caused.
      just to avoid any chance that i might face a problem in upgrading

in what stage exactly i should disable plugins and whats the correct way to disable it?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

You disable this as per post #2:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System -> Enable Plugin/Hook System -> No

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• xmlxp
          • Jun 2004

i should do this before i take backup from my active forum and before starting upgarde?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Yes, you can do that if you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...