• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nonoize
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.5.x

Paypal Donations Button

Hi all,

I am new to vbulletin so please forgive this question.

I have just downloaded the donations button script from paypal and I would like the button to appear at the top of the forums pages.

Could someone please advise where within the admin functions I should actually paste this code.

TIA
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Need more info, can you draw a picture or cut & paste. I like to do things once.
    Need to know exactly where?

Comment

• Nonoize
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.5.x

donations button

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
      Need more info, can you draw a picture or cut & paste. I like to do things once.
      Need to know exactly where?
      This is the code that I received from Paypal, I want the button to appear in the header page of my forum - the same as it does in http://www.austech.info/

txt file attatched
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

That is ok I guess, but how do you like this one? Not completly finish ,but you get the idea.
        Link Deleted
        Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Sat 31 Dec '05, 9:18pm. Reason: Deleting url link

Comment

• Nonoize
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.5.x

donations button

S**T, Thats heaps better but, doesn't it take up so much screen space that to be able to see the forum you would have to scroll or page down ????

or

Is the screen what appears after you press the donations button ?

KonFuZed

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

It is another page by itself, like the button you click that brings you to paypal, this brings palpay to your site instead. If you want I can make a simple version of it now.

Comment

• Nonoize
              • Dec 2005
              • 3.5.x

donations button

Yes please. The site its going to is www.club25.com.au its for mature adults seeking work and disabled persons.

If you would like me to make you an administrator and you have the time to help me set up up the site with advertising banners and anything else you suggest please email me or pm

TIA

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                • Feb 2005
                • 1.1.x

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Add New Template -> Title --> PAYPAL --> Template --> Add code below.

Code:
                 $stylevar[htmldoctype]
                <html dir="$stylevar[textdirection]" lang="$stylevar[languagecode]">
                <head>
                <title>$vboptions[bbtitle]</title>
                $headinclude
                </head>
                <body>
                $header

$navbar

<table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
                <tr>
                	<td class="tcat">Donate to support this site using PayPal !</td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                	<td>
                		<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" border="0">
                		<tr>

<td class="alt2"><form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                <input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
                <input type="hidden" name="encrypted" value="-----BEGIN PKCS7-----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-----END PKCS7-----
                ">
                </form></td>
                			<td class="alt1" align="center"><span class="smallfont">Donation Welcomed<br /><strong>Thank You</strong></span></td>
                		</tr>
                		</table>       
                	</td>
                </tr>

<tr>
                	<td class="alt1">$paypal</td>
                </tr>
                </table>

$footer
                </body>
                </html>
                Next you add link to navbar template
                Code:
                                <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="http://calga.cci.net.au/forum/paypal.php" accesskey="5">Donate</a></td>
                Last, edit php file to work with your paypal link. Add your email and replace what is red with your email.

Code:
                <?php

// ####################### SET PHP ENVIRONMENT ###########################
                error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

// #################### DEFINE IMPORTANT CONSTANTS #######################
                define('NO_REGISTER_GLOBALS', 1);
                define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'PAYPAL'); // change this depending on your filename

// ################### PRE-CACHE TEMPLATES AND DATA ######################
                // get special phrase groups
                $phrasegroups = array(

);

// get special data templates from the datastore
                $specialtemplates = array(

);

// pre-cache templates used by all actions
                $globaltemplates = array(
                    'PAYPAL',
                );

// pre-cache templates used by specific actions
                $actiontemplates = array(

);

// ######################### REQUIRE BACK-END ############################
                require_once('./global.php');

// #######################################################################
                // ######################## START MAIN SCRIPT ############################
                // #######################################################################

$navbits = array();
                $navbits[$parent] = '';

$navbits = construct_navbits($navbits);

$paypal = "<iframe width=100% height=590 frameborder=1 src =\"https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=[COLOR="Red"]richard[/COLOR]%40[COLOR="Red"]cci[/COLOR]%2e[COLOR="Red"]net[/COLOR]%2e[COLOR="Red"]au[/COLOR]&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=CAD&charset=UTF%2d8\"><a href=\"https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=[COLOR="Red"]richard[/COLOR]%40[COLOR="Red"]cci[/COLOR]%2e[COLOR="Red"]net[/COLOR]%2e[COLOR="Red"]au[/COLOR]&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=CAD&charset=UTF%2d8\" target=\"_blank\">Donate to support this site</a></iframe>";

eval('$navbar = "' . fetch_template('navbar') . '";');
                eval('print_output("' . fetch_template('PAYPAL') . '");');

?>
                The .php file gets uploaded after edits are made to forum/paypal
                Edit .php file below with your email.

*EDIT*
                Ok, I just added your email to the .php file to make it work with out you needing to edited.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Thu 29 Dec '05, 8:21pm.

Comment

• Nonoize
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 3.5.x

donations button

Ok

Done the first part, adding new template, got stuck finding the navbar template. assuming I find it, should your line of code be added at the top, bottom or inserted into the existing code. (This is assuming the navbar template has existing code)

Trying hard to follow instructions .......

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 1.1.x

Where do you want to see the link? Like my site it is on the second created navbar, do you want yours Donation link to be first, middle or last?

Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Wed 15 Aug '07, 10:31am.

Comment

• Nonoize
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 3.5.x

donations button

As your site is so different in presentation to mine I am not sure. My original intention was to just have it simple like the Austech site, with a donations button in the top right corner.

But you have shown me so many other posibilities I am now reliant on your advice as to what you consider 'best fit' for what I currently have at club25.

I assume that the code change between changing navbars would be a single declared variable?

This being the case Could you please supply info for applying the code to the top (1st) navbar.

Also

I am not sure what to do with your php attachment. I am running a W2K PC and being website hosted on a linux box so I have no tools to view the php contents.

Sorry to give you so much grief but I really am doing my best !

Comment

• Nonoize
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 3.5.x

Where do you want to see the link? Like my site it is on the second created navbar, do you want yours Donation link to be first, middle or last?

[ATTACH]17623[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17624[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17625[/ATTACH]
                        All these links look identical
                        when I click

???

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 1.1.x

No, the Donate link is in a different place. need clear glasses

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 1.1.x

Follow 1 to 6 and follow the image below for #7

Click image for larger version

Name:	navbar paypal link.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	3667841

Comment

• Nonoize
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 3.5.x

No, the Donate link is in a different place. need clear glasses
                              My apologies - terminology problem on my behalf -

The term 'navbar' meant a full navigation bar to me. Not a 'navicon' position within a single navigation bar.

Too many years working as an IBM disk recovery engineer - too used to standard terminology and nomenclature.

Sorry

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...