X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harmor
    • Aug 2003

nulled version

If I purchase a vbulletin can I use a nulled version?

I don't plan on doing this but I'm just asking as a "what if".
  • whitetigergrowl
    • Jun 2004
    • 5.1.x

That makes zero sense. Why would you want to use a nulled version after you have bought it?

And the answer to your question is no. You would need to download and overwrite the files with the bought version. Not to say it wouldn't possibly cause errors either. Of course the only reason I can see for this question is if you are already using a nulled version or know someone that is.

Using nulled software is a big gamble. Just because it says 'null', doesn't mean there isn't coding in it that doesn't give a backdoor to the site its being used on, to the people that nulled it in the first place. Not only is using nulled software a huge legal risk, it's a huge security risk as well.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
      • Sep 2001

I agree completely *nod*
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• ManagerJosh
        • Jun 2002

You actually risk losing your license should it be discovered you are using a nulled version.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• harmor
          • Aug 2003

well thankyou

The question just came to mind and I thought I ask for the heck of it.

Comment

• Acid Burn
            • Jun 2003

What if say the nulification was just the removalof the version checker in the admin cp so it loaded quicker? especially if vbulletin.com was down

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Acid Burn
              What if say the nulification was just the removalof the version checker in the admin cp so it loaded quicker? especially if vbulletin.com was down
              That's not a nullification. That's just removing the call home.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• KimmiKat
                • Jul 2003

Adding to Manager Josh's comment, as long as you got a legit license. Some license holders will do that when they install a vB board on a intranet since the call-home thingy may get intercepted by the intranet's firewall.

Originally posted by Acid Burn
                Kim

Comment

• Reaktor7
                  • Mar 2005

From what i understand there is actually no problem with running a nullified version, yes it does seem rediculous but IIRC as long as you have a valid license and your domain is listed on the vb customer area thingo then I personally cant see why vb would have a problem

Not saying i would do it, and I haven't come across it in a while, but i can remember talking to the piratereports guy a while back and I think thats what he said - or maybe I misunderstood him.

Comment

• Colin F
                    • May 2004

Technically you could run a nulled version if you have a license for it and have set the URL correctly in your members area.
                    Be advised though, that you won't receive vBulletin support if you aren't using the original files, some hosts check for nulled versions, and nulled versions are known to have security holes.

So I'd say the advantages of using the original files are rather big.
                    Best Regards
                    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• ismael66
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Colin F
                      Technically you could run a nulled version if you have a license for it and have set the URL correctly in your members area.
                      Be advised though, that you won't receive vBulletin support if you aren't using the original files, some hosts check for nulled versions, and nulled versions are known to have security holes.
                      So I'd say the advantages of using the original files are rather big.
                      But i think its elligal to use a nulled version of vbulletin...anyway its a big risk though!

Comment

• Paul M
                        Former Lead Developer
                        vB.Com & vB.Org
                        • Sep 2004

If you have a licence, and hence the proper files, why would you want to run a "nulled" version, it makes no sense at all.
                        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• ismael66
                          • Jul 2006

exactly...something goes wrong here

Comment

• Colin F
                            • May 2004

This is quite old...

Some people chose to stay with their nulled files because they're hacked to bits and they don't want to redo that.
                            It seems I was mistaken though. Please only use the original files with each license.
                            Last edited by Colin F; Mon 7 Aug '06, 4:09am.
                            Best Regards
                            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• bluecafe
                              • Nov 2006

if anyone don't buy the script and useing nulled version,there are any problem?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...