X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

Set editing permissions usergroups

Ok. Here is what I want to be able to do. I want to set one usergroup so they are able to edit their own post. I want all other usergroups to have a time limit for editing their posts. So after they have posted then have 15 minutes to edit there post for mistakes or spelling errors.

I know you can do this and I know how for the usergroup that I want to have editing permissions for their own post. But the issue is that once you go into your ADMINCP and to MESSAGE POSTING AND EDITING OPTIONS and set your TIME LIMIT FOR EDITING POSTS to anything other then 0 it overrides the usergroups settings and that user group that had privileges only have 15 minutes to edit there post or they can not edit them at all..

So how can I have one usergroup so they can edit there own posts and have all others have a time limit?
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

There is no feature in vBulletin to do that unfortunately. I believe it's a global feature. Check over at vBulletin.org to see if there are a few plugins available to allow you to accomplish this
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• attroll
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.2.X

Man that really stinks. So you can set a usergroup so they can edit there own post but then it is not allowed if you set a time limit in the vBulletin options.

That really S%&#'s

Comment

• mjp
        • Nov 2003

I take it this hasn't changed in 3.6.3? It would be a good feature, an editing time limit per usergroup.

Comment