Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techguy11
    • Aug 2005

cannot post the word "curl"

This one has me scratchign my head. But one of the site I look after no one can post the word

curl

Anywhere on the board. If they do they are brough to a permissions error reporting they do not have permissions to access editpost.php or newreply.php

Anywhere I should start looking around in?

The permission on both these php files are set ok, in fact all the permissions on the web directory are set correctly, but some how no admin, mod or user can make a simple post containing the word "curl"

I just upgraded the board to 3.0.7 thought this might make it go away, but no luck. I dunno what the ex admin did here.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• techguy11
      • Aug 2005

It was happening before the upgrade, so I uploaded the new files, and then ran the upgrade from 3.0.3 to 3.0.7.

Then after this I did create an all new default skin no based off the parent style, and it still happens.

It doesn't seem to matter what skin I use I still get the permission error, and its not a standard vb permissions error either, its just a blank 404 permissions error page, looks similar to an apache error page.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Is there any reason you don't upgrade to 3.0.9?

If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.6.x

Your host is likely running mod_security on top of Apache, which is blocking any request with "curl" in it (there is a reason -- PHP has a cURL extension). You should contact them.

Comment

• techguy11
            • Aug 2005

I was going to get them to 3.0.9 soon, right after they renew their updates $$ so they can continue to download newer version past 3.0.7.

Yes the hosting company is running mod_security, thanks for the tip I'll be contaction the hosting provider about this issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...