X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevlar
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.8.x

Random Freezing...

Ok... this is a very random problem. My members are complaining that occasionally, when they try to submit a PM or submit a new thread/post, their IE freezes.

Like, they push the send PM or submit post button and it stays depressed and the browser locks up from what it looks like. Most members say it freezes and they have to 'end task' the browser. I've had it happen to me where the button stays depressed then after 5-10 minutes (no exageration), it will eventually go through.

Load on the server isn't that extreme... I just put another 2 processors (for a combined total of 4) in there the other day and the load average is around 2.5-3.0 on a quad processor 2.8Ghz machine w/ 4GB of RAM.

It looks to be browser related, but I'm not sure... I've very confused.
    Kevlar
    Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
  • Kevlar
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.8.x

I'm the only person having this problem?
    Kevlar

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Are you running 3.0.8? If so, please see this bug report for the PM fix:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Kevlar
        • Aug 2001
        • 3.8.x

Ok... so it's a bug, that means I'm not crazy. That's good to know. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I'll try the fix suggested in that bug report and see what happens...
        Kevlar

Comment

• tgt
          • Sep 2005

Thanks for this post...I'm experiencing the same thing and will attempt the fix as well...

-Travis

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...