Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nine45
    • Dec 2003

Database error when trying to upgrade

Could someone point me in the right direction with this error that I get, I am trying to upgrade 3.08 to 3.5 RC1, all the files from RC1 have been uploaded and as far as I am aware I have configured the config file with the correct details...help

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:

SELECT title, data
    FROM sfdatastore
    WHERE title IN ('','options','bitfields','forumcache','usergroupcache','stylecache','languagecache','prod ucts','pluginlist','cron');

MySQL Error : Table '*******.sfdatastore' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Date : Sunday, July 31st 2005 @ 01:29:45 AM
    Script : http://www.********.org/install/upgrade.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address : **.***.*.**
    Username :
    Classname : vb_database
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Are you using the config.php file for RC1? And is your table prefix really 'sf'?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nine45
      • Dec 2003

Doh! table prefix was wrong, thanks, but now I have this problem after upgrading, this is all that appears on the index page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/class_core.php on line 2489

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
      File: $filename
      Line: $linenum

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nine45
          • Dec 2003

Will do, I now have just a blank screen, I will re-upload the files and start again

Comment

• nine45
            • Dec 2003

Well...I uploaded all the files and started again, there are no custom templates but now all I get is a blank page

I flushed the DNS, emptied IE cache and cookies, but still a blank page, tried another PC that has never visited the site and still a blank page, the forums run in the root not a directory so the URL of the forums is fine.

When I try to login into the admincp I get a blank page unless I specify www.domain.org/admincp I've checked the config file and the admin and mod cp's are there....now I am getting frustrated...help please

Comment

• nine45
              • Dec 2003

As an update, when I login into the admincp it re-directs me to www.domain.org/login.php which then displays a blank page, I then replace login.php with admincp and I am then in the admin area, if I then choose styles and click a style (currently just the default style) I can then view the forums, but just going to the www.domain.org gives a blank page, any ideas?

Comment

• nine45
                • Dec 2003

Well this is getting rediculous now! I cannot even revert back to version 3.0.8, I really would like some help, all I get is a blank page after upgrading to version 3.5 RC1

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

The white pages are due to one of these causes:

1. You did not upload the vB files correctly. Reupload the vB non-image files and make sure you upl
                  oad these in ASCII format and that you overwrite the ones on the server. Make sure you upload the A
                  dmin CP files to the admincp directory specified in your config.php file.

2. You do not have a config.php file in your includes directory. You need to copy config.php.new to config.php, then edit this file with the correct database info.

3. You have extra space or lines in your config.php file. Make sure there is no whitespace or extra lines in config.php either before the <?php or after the ?>.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• nine45
                    • Dec 2003

All the files have been uploaded in ASCII format, completely, there are no spaces in the config file and yes I do have a config file and yes it does point to admincp and yes all the files have been uploaded to that directory.

Now here is a curious thing....if I go to the admincp and click on the default skin the page appears normally and there after but if a fresh clean machine that has never been to the forums before looks at the site it shows a blank page.

None of the templates have been altered or hacked, in fact I have just one default template while I am trying to figure this out...so I am still at a loss as to what is happening....oh! nearly forgot, I also asked a few peeps who use a different ISP to me to try the site, and yep! they get a blank page also, I've just about tried everything I can think of and tried all your suggestions but to no avail...any other suggestions?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Not really. I can't anything that would cause this if you are using the original vB files. What's the URL?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• nine45
                        • Dec 2003

www.smokersforums.org please let me know if you can see the forums.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

No I can't. Here are absolutely all the relevant known causes of white pages that I'm aware of for this situation:

1. You did not upload the vB files correctly. Reupload the vB non-image files and make sure you upload these in ASCII format and that you overwrite the ones on the server. Make sure you upload the Admin CP files to the admincp directory specified in your config.php file.

2. You have extra space or lines in your config.php file. Make sure there is no whitespace or extra lines in config.php either before the <?php or after the ?>.

3. You have added code to your header, headinclude or phpinclude templates that is no longer functional.

4. Your PHP is not compiled with MySQL support.

The fact that memberlist.php, us\sercp.php and other links also produce white pages, but your admincp does show up, indicates that either #1 or #3 or the most likely causes.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Michael König
                            • May 2001
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by nine45
                            www.smokersforums.org please let me know if you can see the forums.
                            Works fine for me. I can see all pages.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

It is working now. It wasn't a few minutes ago.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...