Ad management script like phpadsnew but with paypal integration for automated signup?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmiller1014
    Banned
    • May 2004

Ad management script like phpadsnew but with paypal integration for automated signup?

Is there anything out there like this? I want to have a page that lists package deals, the user can "checkout" with a package, and is given an account where they upload their banners.

Any such beast?
  • someuser190826
    • Oct 2002
    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by cmiller1014
    Is there anything out there like this? I want to have a page that lists package deals, the user can "checkout" with a package, and is given an account where they upload their banners.

Any such beast?
    I am not sure if there are any out there, as I myself havn't done any searches. I have heard of one being developed, has a great feature list, and I believe it has various integrations (vB for sure). Just rumours though, and screenshots here and there.

Comment

• KeithMcL
      • Jun 2000
      • 3.6.x

Are we talking open source or commercial?

Comment

• someuser190826
        • Oct 2002
        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by KeithMcL
        Are we talking open source or commercial?
        I have no clue, if you want I can try to hunt it down again. I was blown away by what I saw though.

Comment

• KeithMcL
          • Jun 2000
          • 3.6.x

This isn't what you're talking about by any chance?

Comment

• someuser190826
            • Oct 2002
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by KeithMcL
            This isn't what you're talking about by any chance?

http://forum.phpadsnew.com/index.php?act=ST&f=23&t=7976
            Nope, I use phpAdsNew right now.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

Try http://max.awarez.net
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• BTDSoft
                • Feb 2007

phpadsnew paypal payments script

Originally posted by cmiller1014

Any such beast?
                Yes there is!
                Hope this dosent sound too much like spam,
                I have seen a need for this scripting for years, I created some over three years ago for my site and have paitently awaites the release of scripting with phpadsnew that would allow for the same functions yet with hundreads of request none seem to be forthcoming.
                This has made me decide to commercially release my version, the scripting allows for automates advertiser signup with paypal ipn payments and also allows for automated publisher signup to help you create a profitable ad network.
                Anyone interested can see screenshots and complete description at btdsoft.com

I am alos greatly interested in any features that I havent included that webmasters might desire in the package.

Comment

• DanaSoft
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BTDSoft
                  Yes there is!
                  Hope this dosent sound too much like spam,
                  I have seen a need for this scripting for years, I created some over three years ago for my site and have paitently awaites the release of scripting with phpadsnew that would allow for the same functions yet with hundreads of request none seem to be forthcoming.
                  This has made me decide to commercially release my version, the scripting allows for automates advertiser signup with paypal ipn payments and also allows for automated publisher signup to help you create a profitable ad network.
                  Anyone interested can see screenshots and complete description at btdsoft.com

I am alos greatly interested in any features that I havent included that webmasters might desire in the package.
                  For $30, I'll buy it, try it out and report back here on my experience with it.

Comment

• DanaSoft
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DanaSoft
                    For $30, I'll buy it, try it out and report back here on my experience with it.
                    Okay, well, the first downer is that the code is encrypted; so there is no chance for anyone to modify it to suit their needs. You only have an option to charge an amount for 1,000 clicks versus, say, for a month like we do on our site. Which means you are dependent on the developer for any code changes, fixes or whatever.

I did encounter a problem during installation with a URL redirection problem and since the code is encrypted, I have to wait for someone to get back to me. As I haven't heard back, I can't speak to the timeliness of the response from support.

So, before I can even get to where I try it out and have anything positive to say, the negatives are that the code in encrypted, no options on how to charge for ads (doesn't appear to support recurring ads) and the installation guide, while in HTML format, is very hard to read and not well written.

I had been considering a change over to http://www.adpeeps.com/ which has signup support included.
                    Last edited by DanaSoft; Wed 7 Feb '07, 11:57am.

Comment

• BTDSoft
                      • Feb 2007

Okay, well, the first downer is that the code is encrypted; so there is no chance for anyone to modify it to suit their needs. You only have an option to charge an amount for 1,000 clicks versus, say, for a month like we do on our site. Which means you are dependent on the developer for any code changes, fixes or whatever.

I did encounter a problem during installation with a URL redirection problem and since the code is encrypted, I have to wait for someone to get back to me. As I haven't heard back, I can't speak to the timeliness of the response from support.

So, before I can even get to where I try it out and have anything positive to say, the negatives are that the code in encrypted, no options on how to charge for ads (doesn't appear to support recurring ads) and the installation guide, while in HTML format, is very hard to read and not well written.
                      Just a note, I instantly contacted danasoft as I was at my computer when he made his purchase, email bounced back (said he had spam on), after going to paypal to get a valid email and then to his site I seen it was set up and functioning correctly, I created both a advertiser and publisher account.
                      I then emailed his paypal informing him of this, then off to another of his sites to try to get another valid email for him, (still waiting to see if second bounced) I get another valid, email him and went back to his site to see he was allready in the process of removing it from that site.
                      I then get an email:

"I'm not sure what links you using because all I got was a blank page and had that redirection error I showed you in my previous email. I saw your client record there and thought it had been added by your script"

He seemed to want a refund altho didnt come right out and ask, yet implied. Strange for someone who allready posted here he was buying to evaluate.
                      He seemed to have a real problem with encryption even tho its spelled out on the sales page, and not sure why any normal user would want to see the code.

Seemed to have a problem with the 1000 clicks, I told him that I was in the process of modifying the code to allow for selling of adviews per Xcount or adclicks per Xcount or monthly subscription, and would forward him as soon as complete. And again it clearly stated sell ad clicks and shows screenshot on the sales page.

I would like to clarify the problem he stated to have with instalation, even tho' cautioned in install.htm and the config file itself he still forgot a "/".

If anyone is really interested I will gladly let them read install.htm and you decide "poorly written" .

In sumation I would like to point out Danasoft states he is owner of phpotpost script selling site, and altho I can not prove it it would apear the site he is promoting above as he had at least 1 mention and link to this script in every email to me and here. No other clear reason for a webmaster to promote. (sure its great bla bla bla) I dont go tell everyone I know to buy something.

Anyway you decide, it was a great waste of my time (his forgoton "/" and finding a valid email), yet I went out of my way to help him to find he prettymuch slams it here to promote his scripts. You decide, $29. or the $99. they want for thiers.

Last note: I had earlier (when I seen this going south) asked him for an honest evaluation, and any feedback he might have. He just replied:
                      I’d be glad to offer you my suggestions and input regarding vBulletin; but it’ll have to wait til tomorrow…"
                      Maybe he's just got way to big of a work load to take time and read instructions or emails ?

Shameless Plug : http://www.btdsoft.com

Comment

• DanaSoft
                        • Oct 2003

Maybe you should spend the $30 on a decent spell checker and a Hooked on Phonics book; your post reads like your installation guide.

Where do I begin?

Let's start with your encrypted code which contains a call-home feature to which you responded with:

"...and just for laughs it emails me every time you load a certain page."

and...

"PS don’t you just love encryption? a guy can hide anything there."

And you wonder why I have a problem with encrypted code? Apparently putting code in for "laughs" is a standard business practice I was unaware of.

Then you accuse me of not having a slash in my path, even though I had sent you the path in the email:

// The URL to your phpAds-installation
                        $phpAds_config['url_prefix'] = 'http://www.extremefitness.com/phpadsnew/plugins/';

Where would that missing slashes be that you refer to?

Next you asked me, "Any suggestions as to how to improve it for vBulletin users ?"

To which I replied, "I’d be glad to offer you my suggestions and input regarding vBulletin; but it’ll have to wait til tomorrow… Just got back from the gym and time to put the kiddies to sleep (5 kids)."

Not too big of a workload, just a busy life in general. At least I was courteous enough to tell you that I would be glad to answer your request for more feedback on my brief experience with your product.

Folks, don't waste your money on this script; I'll chalk the $30 up to doing a favor for the vB community and weeding out junk like this before anyone else wastes their money on it.

Comment

• BTDSoft
                          • Feb 2007

Maybe you should spend the $30 on a decent spell checker and a Hooked on Phonics book; your post reads like your installation guide.

Where do I begin?

Let's start with your encrypted code which contains a call-home feature to which you responded with:

"...and just for laughs it emails me every time you load a certain page."

and...

"PS don’t you just love encryption? a guy can hide anything there."

And you wonder why I have a problem with encrypted code? Apparently putting code in for "laughs" is a standard business practice I was unaware of.

Then you accuse me of not having a slash in my path, even though I had sent you the path in the email:

// The URL to your phpAds-installation
                          $phpAds_config['url_prefix'] = 'http://www.extremefitness.com/phpadsnew/plugins/';

Where would that missing slashes be that you refer to?

Next you asked me, "Any suggestions as to how to improve it for vBulletin users ?"

To which I replied, "I’d be glad to offer you my suggestions and input regarding vBulletin; but it’ll have to wait til tomorrow… Just got back from the gym and time to put the kiddies to sleep (5 kids)."

Not too big of a workload, just a busy life in general. At least I was courteous enough to tell you that I would be glad to answer your request for more feedback on my brief experience with your product.

Folks, don't waste your money on this script; I'll chalk the $30 up to doing a favor for the vB community and weeding out junk like this before anyone else wastes their money on it.
                          Now thats just funny, I have email I sent asking for feedback for my script, not vbulletin.

This guy is a joke do adults really flame for no reason ?
                          Heres my response to his last flaming email

Do you really want to keep this stupidity up ? I for one have a lot better things to do. You stated your half truths, I was within my rights to state what I can honestly document.
                          Just seen your post, now that’s funny. I will be sure to pass that on to the person that did install.htm and Microsoft for their spellchecking. LOL
                          Again, I have better things to do………………

Its your choice folks my script does everything I state it does for a fair and not inflated price like others. Not only does it do as stated but as shown I will go out of my way to support a customer even so far as to find a valid email.

as for the script telling me where it is , you as educated adults do know that most registered scripts do right ? not to mention everytime you turn on your windoze box connected to the internet ? Thats just dumb. I said it like that because the guy was inferring he wanted a refund for a script I seen working on his site.

And people lets not forget, I wrote the scripts, theres only one way to get the error he refers to > "/" Its not including it.

I have better things to do, as well I might because I can see by his post total he is probably admin here and before anyone can read this all truths will be cut and only his halve truths will be here.

Fast update heres his reply to my above email
                          You asked for my feedback regarding vBulletin – I said I would be glad to help you and then you slam me for making an honest post about my experience with your script. Assuming you refunded the money and were polite, I would have said that I was happy with your customer service and that people should keep an eye out for future updates.

Again inferring he wants a refund for scripting I seen working on his site doing everything it is suposed to do. Please remember he was asking for a refund after publicly stating he was buying for evaluation purposes.

If thats the way they work at the site hes promoting I sugest you buy neither. seems I cant spell and hes an arse.

Comment

• Dave B
                            • Apr 2001

Thanks danasoft for the review. I have been searching for a solution but all I can find is this one product being spammed on several forums. The spam advertising was a real turn off, but I wanted to read a real review before weighing pros and cons.

A read about 3/4 down the way on this link will explain a little of the mentality you are dealing with, http://www.bigtechdata.com/xtc/rates.html

Comment

• DanaSoft
                              • Oct 2003

Yeah, I pretty much wrote the guy off after his last little rant; once I got the idea he was a kid, I figured there was nothing more to say. I didn't push for the refund, figured he needed it more than I did; but his posts speak for themselves. The product doesn't work, is encrypted and contains code that he himself admits is hidden and not disclosed to the buyer.

I am using AdPeeps and it is working well for me; I would recommend anyone needing automated sign-up to give it a try.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...