X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pioneer
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.5.x

My threads are getting deleted

For some reason all my non sticky threads in one of the forums are being constantly deleted. I lost a thread a couple of days ago so I made a new one, but today it disappeared again. I'm the only one who can physically delete threads in that forum, so it can't be the mods. I also changed my password before I made the new thread to make sure nobody else had access to my admincp, but obviously it didn't work. Is there a bug in vBulletin 3.0.7 that keeps deleting threads?
  • daemon
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.5.x

Are you sure you just don't have the display options set? Scroll to the bottom of the forum while viewing it, look at the Display Options block. Set the From The drop-down to be Beginning and press the [Show Threads]. See if that fixes this problem.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

• pioneer
      • Jun 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by daemon
      Are you sure you just don't have the display options set? Scroll to the bottom of the forum while viewing it, look at the Display Options block. Set the From The drop-down to be Beginning and press the [Show Threads]. See if that fixes this problem.
      OMG I feel so stupid now. Yes, that fixed the problem, thank you very much for your quick response.
      Is there any way, however, to set the Display Option to be Beginning by default instead of last day?

Comment

• daemon
        • Jun 2003
        • 3.5.x

Yes there is. Go to:

Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Forum Manager --> [Edit] --> Default View Age --> Show All Threads

Or if you want to do this for every forum, you need to run this query:

Code:
        UPDATE forum SET daysprune = -1
        ... after running that you need to press the following button:

Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Forum Manager --> [Save Display Order]

... now all of the forums should show all posts. If you do not know how to run a query, see this thread.
        Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

• pioneer
          • Jun 2005
          • 3.5.x

Thank you very much, it works great now!

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

No need to feel stupid, as a new customer to the forum software you can't master the whole system and all its options in a short period of time. Now you know, and if someone else asks in the future you can help them!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...