X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lostitonce
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Image Problem

Every time I try and upload any type of file from my computer , whether it is as an attachment or avatar , I get this message :

In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist.

What is going wrong ?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Never heard of that one before. It sounds like a seerver setting issue since vB does not include 'whitelists'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Lostitonce
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

The "whitelist" is right there in the VB control panel - under VB options<general options<whitelist

It was never there before , until we upgraded from 3.0.7 to 3.5.0 beta 1 - we are now at beta 2 .
      Last edited by Lostitonce; Sat 25 Jun '05, 9:20am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

My bad. I was thinking of vB3.0.x. Did you do what the message suggested and add the domain to this list?

For security purposes, vBulletin only allows data to be submitted via post from within the domain the board is installed on. If you are submitting post requests from a different domain or subdomain, you must add them here.

Enter domains in the form of .domain.com (including the leading dot). Seperate multiple domains by line breaks.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Lostitonce
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Well , the first time I got this message , I added our domain , to the whitelist - and was allowed to upload attachments . Now , however , though our domain is still there in the list - it is giving me the same message , and I am not trying to upload from anyplace new .

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

I'm confused:

I added our domain , to the whitelist - and was allowed to upload attachments
            Now , however , though our domain is still there in the list - it is giving me the same message
            What are you doing in the latter case?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Lostitonce
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Trying to upload an attachment . Our domain is listed in the whitelist , as .dogeplanet.com , including the first dot , just like it says to do .

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

You also said it worked. If you are still getting this message, then please post this in the 3.5 Bug Tracker so a Dev can have a look.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Lostitonce
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Yes , it worked , the first time only . I will go ahead and post in the bugs section , then . Thanks for your help .

Comment

• RagingPenguin
                    • Apr 2004

Out of curiosity, did you resubmit the information to the whitelist anyway? I know this sounds odd, but there've been times with *that other system* where an upgrade did something odd, and even though the right settings were shown, they needed to be resaved to take affect. Just try it if you haven't, it won't hurt. It's only one click.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...