X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

[Discussion] Quacked Style

Here's the thread to discuss the Quacked style released here.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

• Creepshow
    • May 2005
    • 3.5.x

That is really cool. I think I'll use that!
    Thanks for the great style!!

UPDATEI'm using it now and it looks great.
    Best. Free. Style. Ever!!!
    Last edited by Creepshow; Wed 8 Jun '05, 4:20pm.
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• Creepshow
      • May 2005
      • 3.5.x

How do I edit this part:

Powered by vbulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2005, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. | Designed by Quacked - Funny Videos
      I'm not trying to remove the copyright I just want to add my own bit of copyright to the end of the text above. Please help!! Thanks....
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• Jay McConnell
        • Jun 2004

Sweeet! I'm using this now on www.thefraglimit.com

I've got 2 questions though....

1. How do I get my postbit looking like yours?
        2. This is hack related, and may or may not be answerable, but here goes: Avatars aren't showing up in the header for my CMS, or on any other page outside of the forum root. How can I get that going?

[EDIT] -- Figured out #2, now i just gotta futz with the postbit
        Last edited by Jay McConnell; Wed 8 Jun '05, 10:26pm.

Comment

• patriotcow
          • Nov 2004

Make sure you don't Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template. So you can have the cool postbit in this style showing.

If you want the images displaying out of the forum on your cms etc.. you will need to change the image paths in the style for that.

Thanks

Comment

• patriotcow
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by _nick
            How do I edit this part:

I'm not trying to remove the copyright I just want to add my own bit of copyright to the end of the text above. Please help!! Thanks....

In the footer template find: $code_foot and add your copyright at the side of that.

Comment

• Creepshow
              • May 2005
              • 3.5.x

One More Question

Hi, just one more question! Do you know how I can make the location black & get rid of the image breaks (those bars) around the avatars? (see below image).

Your help would be MUCH appreciated, thanks!!

Last edited by Creepshow; Thu 9 Jun '05, 2:53am. Reason: Just editing

Comment

• patriotcow
                • Nov 2004

Thats a bug that the design comes with, you cannot have messenger icons turned on in threadbit. Sorry about that, or you can turn location off instead.

Comment

• Creepshow
                  • May 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by patriotcow
                  Thats a bug that the design comes with, you cannot have messenger icons turned on in threadbit. Sorry about that, or you can turn location off instead.
                  Okay thanks do you know how I would go about disabling messenger icons in the threadbit & turning off location?

Comment

• patriotcow
                    • Nov 2004

No infact its right, you need to turn age display off. Go to admincp>vbulletin options>thread display options>post elements. Once there untick display age.

Comment

• Creepshow
                      • May 2005
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by patriotcow
                      No infact its right, you need to turn age display off. Go to admincp>vbulletin options>thread display options>post elements. Once there untick display age.
                      Ah thanks that worked. Now I just need to get the location text black. or do I need to disable it?

Comment

• patriotcow
                        • Nov 2004

It would be easier for now to disable it, just do the following:

Go to admincp>user profile fields>user profile field manager.

Then delete location. That should sort it out, or you can figure out how to change the colour yourself.

You could probobly add ages back if you deleted location.

Thanks

Comment

• Dean C
                          • Mar 2002
                          • 3.5.x

Looks very nice, thanks for sharing. Did you win this in a contest at yaxay, I swore i've seen it before
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• patriotcow
                            • Nov 2004

I bought it at yaxay, Thought I would be generous and give it for free

Comment

• Ace
                              • Apr 2004
                              • 4.2.X

How much do they charge for a style that the customer can then spread around the internet for free?

Seems like cutting their own throat, income-wise...
                              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...