Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick Grunwald
    • Feb 2005

Problems subscribing

I stopped receiving notification emails for subscribed forums some time ago (a week or two - not sure). I try to subscribe to a forum, it apparantly lets me and shows it in the usercp but when I go back to forum tools one of the options is Subscribe not UNsubscribe.

THis is happening on the 3.5 beta but ALSO on my 3.07 site. I thought it might be something on my end but one of my users said the emails have stopped. (THere may be two toatally different issues going on)

Can anyone help with this?

No hacks or hacking or playing around other than removing and adding admins from the config file - done once and very carefully
    Rick Grunwald
    http://grunwalds.com
    XP home SP2, Celeron 2gb, 2GB RAM, Zone Alarm Security Suite
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      I did nothing and may FORUM notifications seem to all of a sudden be showing up (THe THREAD subscriptions have been fine)

However the Forum subscriptions HERE on this board are not being issues and my status on the subscription to "HOW DO I ..." remains at "no email" no mattere how many times I try to change it
      Rick Grunwald

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Sorry, I don't understand your first sentence. Please explain.

As for the second issue, check your User CP. Do you see the subscribed forum in it?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
          • Feb 2005

Sorry - 5am and the first cup of coffee

I didn't do anything (your suggestions) and my Forum subscription started working - I will look at it a bit closer and see if it still APPEARS to be set to no email but I am getting them - and waiting for a reply or two from users with subscriptions

On THIS BBS however - the email notifications for my subscription to the HOW DO I ... forum have stopped and are set to "no email" and stay that way no matter how many times I try to set it to subscribe
          Rick Grunwald

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

That's why I asked you to check the User CP on these forums to see if the subscribed forums are showing or not.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
              • Feb 2005

Yes it shows that I am subscribed. If I go to that forum and choose FORUM tools it does not offer to UNsubscribe but rather "suscribe" as if I hadn't. I I follow that and try to subscribe it says "no email" and no attempts to change that have been successful

Thanks for the quick replies
              Rick Grunwald

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Yes, this means you are subscribed. I suggest posting about the lack of the 'unsubscribe' option in the 3.5 Bug Tracker.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
                  • Feb 2005

Yes, this means you are subscribed. I suggest posting about the lack of the 'unsubscribe' option in the 3.5 Bug Tracker.
                  Did that and it was closed as "fixed" http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...view&bugid=141

Thanks again
                  Rick Grunwald

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

I responded on that Bug report.

Note: I do receive email notifications so I would check your spam filters. In all likelihood these emails are being blocked.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
                      • Feb 2005

I responded on that Bug report.

Note: I do receive email notifications so I would check your spam filters. In all likelihood these emails are being blocked.
                      I have Spam Assassin on the server and use mailwasher at home and the emails were coming through fine then stopped. However I recieved the first one in a couple of weeks with the summary of the "How do I.." forum. Checking the spam filters was the first thing I did

However the forum tools still offer to "subscribe" to that forum not "unsubscribe" if as happens in the thread tools. It's been noted in the bug report, the report closed yet this portion of the issue is still present

Thanks again!
                      Rick Grunwald

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Honestly the email situation is not a bug. As I said I get forum subscription emails.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
                          • Feb 2005

That may be a cosmetic issue that should be addressed sometime - make the forum tools run like the thread tools (where appropriate of cours)

I don't know WHAT might have happened to stop the forum email from Vbulletin. It wasn't causing major problems - I just wanted to make you aware in case there WAS a bug and others were getting the same thing.

Thanks for all the quick response!
                          Rick Grunwald

Comment

• Sitetutorinc
                            • Jun 2005

Honestly the email situation is not a bug. As I said I get forum subscription emails.
                            We seem to be having those email notification problems off and on again and again

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
                              • Feb 2005

Well at least I know I'm not the only one

I'm sure they will eventually find it - "eventually" because we all seem to be getting it intermittantly and at different times
                              Rick Grunwald

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...