X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

vB 3.5 intergration with chat or help desk

I like to know if a FlashChat popup window or help desk will be intergrated with the next version. I know the answer but just want to here it. (No, cause we are not associated with those scripts) Your a big company why do not take over small fries.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You would have to ask them. We do not code integration with third party scripts.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

I can personally attest that you can integrate chat systems with vBulletin. I'm currently running an installation of vBulletin with integration towards Realchat
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• CMilne
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        I can personally attest that you can integrate chat systems with vBulletin. I'm currently running an installation of vBulletin with integration towards Realchat
        Yeah, I have actually been able to build scripts that worked with the vBulletin post / members system and can say, it isn't too difficult.

Wait for 3.5.0 to come out and try it yourself, if all else fails just ask for help on vBulletin.org. Well, if you have prior PHP experience give it a shot yourself :P no use attempting if you've never done PHP before.

Comment

• ttiger
          • Jul 2003

Can you post or send me the realchat integration code, I would really appreciate it.

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by NicksForum.net
            I like to know if a FlashChat popup window or help desk will be intergrated with the next version. I know the answer but just want to here it. (No, cause we are not associated with those scripts)
            Chat will not be included in the next version of vBulletin.

It is a 30 second job to integrate FlashChat and many other chat programs with vBulletin.

And there are at least 2 Help Desk / Support Ticket add-ons at vBulletin.org.

If you want these features, there is nothing preventing you from having them. Jelsoft went to a lot of time and effort to make the Plugin/Product system so people can extend their vBulletin without making upgrades a nightmare.

Originally posted by NicksForum.net
            Your a big company why do not take over small fries.
            vBulletin is not Microsoft. They don't need to come out with a free chat feature that ruins the business of a company that sells chat software. Same with a gallery, etc.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Dec 2000

This is a thread from 2005
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Creepshow
                • May 2005
                • 3.5.x

Still less than a year old. Not exactly ancient.
                "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                  This is a thread from 2005
                  Thread necromancy can be phun!
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• DavutPasha
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 3.5.x

I use FlashChat, I purchased it (it's just 5 $ ) I am very happy to use FlashChat. You can find intergrations from vbulletin.org

You can see my FlashChat, it's on vbulletin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...