X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeMenkey
    • May 2002

HELP! - Finding a lawyer.

HELP PLEASE!

Okay, well I got a speeding ticket in a school zone while I was in NC awhile ago.

Well, I got a lawyer, talked to him today and it's taken care of. My familiy's lawyer (Dowhite (sp?) Snow) is out of state on another case, well he refered me to another lawyer firm that he is partnered with. Well, he's only charging me $350 to have everything "dropped".

Well, I've gotta send in a check, well. want to make sure I have the right address and everything, I've searched google up and down. Maybe ya'll will have a better chance of finding it?

His info is,

Glen Adams (or was it Adam?)
    P.O. Box 24 (orwas it 9)17 (right P.O. Box?)
    Fayetteville, NC 28302 (right zip?)

Now, I've gotta send him a check, well I'm not sure if this is his right info. Anybody have any ideas of how to find out? I don't want to call them right back and feel stupid. lol
  • BamaStangGuy
    Banned
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by DeMenkey
    HELP PLEASE!

Okay, well I got a speeding ticket in a school zone while I was in NC awhile ago.

Well, I got a lawyer, talked to him today and it's taken care of. My familiy's lawyer (Dowhite (sp?) Snow) is out of state on another case, well he refered me to another lawyer firm that he is partnered with. Well, he's only charging me $350 to have everything "dropped".

Well, I've gotta send in a check, well. want to make sure I have the right address and everything, I've searched google up and down. Maybe ya'll will have a better chance of finding it?

His info is,

Glen Adams (or was it Adam?)
    P.O. Box 24 (orwas it 9)17 (right P.O. Box?)
    Fayetteville, NC 28302 (right zip?)

Now, I've gotta send him a check, well I'm not sure if this is his right info. Anybody have any ideas of how to find out? I don't want to call them right back and feel stupid. lol
    Good grief just call them

Comment

• DeMenkey
      • May 2002

Nevermind, I think I found it.

But it doesn't have the same address as what they gave me.

Comment

• DeMenkey
        • May 2002

Well, it's not really calling them, it's just I want to find "proof" that it's their right address. I'm not about to send a 350 dollar check to "nowhere" and than if it goes get to him, and he sue me. ha.

Comment

• Dean C
          • Mar 2002
          • 3.5.x

I don't know the system out in the US but here in the UK you can't just pay $350 to a lawyer to get the case dropped. If you were caught speeding you deserve to get the fine/points on your license...
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
            Banned
            • Mar 2004
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Dean C
            I don't know the system out in the US but here in the UK you can't just pay $350 to a lawyer to get the case dropped. If you were caught speeding you deserve to get the fine/points on your license...
            You can hear.

Comment

• DeMenkey
              • May 2002

Well, down where I'm from (Carolina) if you get in anything just find you a good lawyer, pay a few dollars and you get them to call up the DA and they will drop it. If it was my familiy lawyer(s), than they wouldn't have charged me.

I was in Cumberuan County on Thursday at 1:56am (it states on the ticket, however it was really 10 somehting am) on the 10th day of March of 2005. I was travaling at a speed of 97MPH in a 25MPH school zone during the posted hours on a day when school was ensessecn. I was pulled over by North Carolina State Trooper (B) J. Baer. Traffic was clear, vis. was clear, weather was clear, area was "oc". I was in the Vicinity of Fayettevelle, at/near intersection RP1608 on Highway U.S. 401.

My court date (Manatory in NC to show up)is 5/24/05 at 9am in District Court 2C. and I've onl ygot one charge pending by The state of North Carolina VS. William Maxton Midgett (me).

ANyways, that's all what it says on the Ticket. It's easy to get out of things like this here, bleh. I won't have any points taken off, won't have to pay any fines, won't have my license taken away from me, won't have to show up to court, won't make my Insernuse go up. Basicly, I'm lucky.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                Banned
                • Mar 2004
                • 3.6.x

Well, down where I'm from (Carolina) if you get in anything just find you a good lawyer, pay a few dollars and you get them to call up the DA and they will drop it. If it was my familiy lawyer(s), than they wouldn't have charged me.

I was in Cumberuan County on Thursday at 1:56am (it states on the ticket, however it was really 10 somehting am) on the 10th day of March of 2005. I was travaling at a speed of 97MPH in a 25MPH school zone during the posted hours on a day when school was ensessecn. I was pulled over by North Carolina State Trooper (B) J. Baer. Traffic was clear, vis. was clear, weather was clear, area was "oc". I was in the Vicinity of Fayettevelle, at/near intersection RP1608 on Highway U.S. 401.

My court date (Manatory in NC to show up)is 5/24/05 at 9am in District Court 2C. and I've onl ygot one charge pending by The state of North Carolina VS. William Maxton Midgett (me).

ANyways, that's all what it says on the Ticket. It's easy to get out of things like this here, bleh. I won't have any points taken off, won't have to pay any fines, won't have my license taken away from me, won't have to show up to court, won't make my Insernuse go up. Basicly, I'm lucky.
                You should not have gotten a ticket for 97 in a 25 school zone you should have been thrown in jail and had your license suspended!!!!!

Comment

• Dean C
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by BrentWilson
                  You should not have gotten a ticket for 97 in a 25 school zone you should have been thrown in jail and had your license suspended!!!!!
                  I agree that's an absolutely ridiculous speed to be going through a pedestrian area. You shouldn't be let behind the wheel of a car again.
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• DeMenkey
                    • May 2002

Man, see. You have a Ford Mustang Community, yet you think me doing alittle bit of speeding I should be thrown in jail. See, this is the country, middle of nowhere. THe school was two miles off the road, BACK into woods, I NEVER saw there was a school zone untill the trooper told me. This is how it is in Carolina, the boonedocks. 97 isn't fast dude. In my high school, when I grew up (and all the HS around) 70% of the FRESHMEN has Cameros, Mustangs, and a few with some Vets. The country roads are great for racing and what not.

When I go to NC, I normally drive 85-120MPH once I get out of town. I do go slower sometimes if it's daytime. :-/ But that's normal down there man. I know the roads like the back of my hand (Just not Fayettville, because i never go there, and the onl reason i was there was to take my grandfather to the VA center)

Comment

• DeMenkey
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by Dean C
                      I agree that's an absolutely ridiculous speed to be going through a pedestrian area. You shouldn't be let behind the wheel of a car again.
                      See, you don't understand. There was no "Pedestrian area", it's a freaking highway and a forest on both sides of it. The speed limit is untill you get around that one couner, which was 25 for about two blocks. There were no flashing lights or "school zone" written on teh road. YOU CANNOT SEE THE SCHOOL, NOR would you know there was a school there. Theres ONE driveway from teh road, to the school. You think it's to a private home or something.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2004
                        • 3.6.x

Man, see. You have a Ford Mustang Community, yet you think me doing alittle bit of speeding I should be thrown in jail.
                        Alitlte bit of speeding does not = 72 ****ing mph over the speed limit

What in the sam hell is wrong with you?

And what does me owning a Mustang Community have to do with you doing 72mph over the speedlimit?

See, this is the country, middle of nowhere. THe school was two miles off the road, BACK into woods, I NEVER saw there was a school zone untill the trooper told me.
                        You are on a road that is accessed by others regardless of where it is located. You were doing 72mph over the speed limit. That is ridiculous.

This is how it is in Carolina, the boonedocks.
                        I live in Alabama, don't lecture me about boondocks and country roads.

97 isn't fast dude. In my high school, when I grew up (and all the HS around) 70% of the FRESHMEN has Cameros, Mustangs, and a few with some Vets. The country roads are great for racing and what not.
                        Doesn't make it right and yes it is fast. 97 mph is speeding and risking the lives of yourself and others that my pull out in front of you and god knows what else.

When I go to NC, I normally drive 85-120MPH once I get out of town. I do go slower sometimes if it's daytime. :-/ But that's normal down there man. I know the roads like the back of my hand (Just not Fayettville, because i never go there, and the onl reason i was there was to take my grandfather to the VA center)
                        It doesn't make it right and you deserve to be in jail for 97 in a 25... and DEF 120

How old are you?

Comment

• TalkMilitary
                          • Mar 2003

I would hope they put you in jail or at the very minimum, make your life suck for a long time.

I love to drive fast. But there is a time and place for that. You deserve to get the book thrown at you. FYI: I was a Firefighter, so I know what happens when people do what you did and kill people or themselves. Not pretty. There IS a reason for speed limits.

Jail will be a good thing to wake you up IMHO. Before you kill somebody.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...