X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rushster
    • Jul 2001
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3

Passwords not working

We are having a terrible time with passwords, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and it's causing all sorts of chaos.This started happening after an upgrade to Version 3.0.3. Any fixes for this?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Can you please provide more info? What exactly is happening? Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the footer, headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? Did you import from another BB system?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Rushster
      • Jul 2001

Hi Steve

Nothing has changed, we just upgraded. Sometimes you can go to the boiard and you are logged out on your return( not keeping you logged in). Put the password in and it gives you the error page and a srtike. Other times it works fine. Basicly its driving users nuts. Tried in Firebird and IE, cleared all my cookies etc as well and still no joy.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Can you please provide more info? What exactly is happening? Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the footer, headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? Did you import from another BB system?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the footer, headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Rushster
          • Jul 2001

Hi Steve

Nothing has changed to make this happen, it was fine untilt the upgrade. we have acouple of things in the footer which were there before.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Have you installed any hacks?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Rushster
              • Jul 2001

Hope Steve, no hacks. However I just found a post concerning Apache 2 and adding a line to the config file which I am going to try.

Comment

• Rushster
                • Jul 2001

Nope that didn;t work. Still getting the password problem.

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Could you perhaps tell us from which version you upgraded, and if you had any issues while upgrading?

Comment

• Rushster
                    • Jul 2001

I can't remember which version we upgraded from for sure but I think it was 3.0 up to the latest version. There was no probs during upgrade.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Rushster
                        • Jul 2001

Ok did as you suggested but it;s really messed things up Before doing this I hadn't noticed but the board had gone through it;s daily crashed tables routine and so before repairing anything I had upped the files as suggested. I now get...

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO cpsession (userid, hash, dateline) VALUES (8, '017ebfaf48f3590da711e14d9667f470', 1104264441)
                        mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'hash, dateline) VALUES (8, '017ebfaf48f3590da711e14d9667f470',
                        mysql error number: 1064
                        Date: Tuesday 28th of December 2004 08:07:23 PM
                        Script: http://www.blah.net/login.php
                        Referer: http://www.blah.net/admincp/index.php
                        Username: Blah
                        IP Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will admit that Vbulletin has really been underperfomring for us and having to run the maintenance scripts to repair tables on a daily basis has become tiresome. This password issue is the latest problem though.

Comment

• Rushster
                          • Jul 2001

It's Ok I resolved it. I will see if this has helped.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Rushster
                            I will admit that Vbulletin has really been underperfomring for us and having to run the maintenance scripts to repair tables on a daily basis has become tiresome. This password issue is the latest problem though.
                            Hmmm...this really shouldn't happen on an up-to-date and well-managed server. I have 3 forums on my server and I haven't had a single db problem in more than 2 years.

Is this a dedicated server? If so, you might want to get help optimizing your server, please see this thread:

Then post the requested info in a new thread in that forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Rushster
                              • Jul 2001

Stillthe same problems and the Db corrupted again after 3 hours of adding the files from the zip. I think we are just going to ditch the forums, they are on a dedicated server and have 95% of the SQL server to themselves.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...