Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bglynn
    • Jun 2004

Error when loading large attatchment

When I try an attatchment more than 10MB or so, the upload page goes blank after a few min of uploading, and I get a huge email with an error and the attachment sent back:

Invalid SQL:
    INSERT INTO attachment
    (userid, dateline, filename, filedata, filesize, visible, filehash, posthash, thumbnail, thumbnail_dateline, thumbnail_filesize)
    VALUES
    (3, 1102685292, 'musclebossanova.wmv'
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

First, check your attachment size setting in the Admin CP and make sure it's large enough. If that is fine, then you need to change the upload size for both PHP and for MySQL. You need to have root access to the server to do this. Make these changes to php.ini:

upload_max_filesize = xM

..and my.cnf

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. Restart the webserver and MySQL after making these changes.

Note: You may also need to increase the max_execution_time and max_input_time variables in php.ini.

Also you might want to take a look at this for other settings that affect file uploads:

I think that if you run a search on this board about 'memory_limit' and 'max_execution_time', one of my threads will show up :) Here are my settings before I continue: Server Type WINNT / PHP v4.2.2 File Uploads = On MySQL v3.23.54-nt PHP Maximum Upload Size 80M PHP Max Post Size 80M PHP Memory Limit N/A (even

I have gone through this entire forum to see if someone else has reported this, but couldn't find anything so here goes. The problem I have sounds similar to other forum owners problem but produces the message This error occurs when I try to upload a file of ANY type that is greater than 992 Kb. As per the various other
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bglynn
      • Jun 2004

Thank you!

Comment

• bglynn
        • Jun 2004

OK, I'm on a new box, and I'm having this problem again. I have gone through all the settings mentioned in this thread and the links provided - yet it still happens - help!

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Those are all the settings I know of that will affect file uploads. How large is this file?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bglynn
            • Jun 2004

Well, I have used several test files. Everything up to about 16MB works, fine.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Then realistically that is your upper limit.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• bglynn
                • Jun 2004

Yes...but on my old box, it wasn't, it was 200. I have set everything back to 200, I just don't know what I'm missing - obviously something is still limiting me.

Comment

• bglynn
                  • Jun 2004

bump

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Sorry but I have already posted all the settings I know of that would affect this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...