X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eJM
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

Display signatures in a box (table)

I hope I can explain this well enough...

I've implemented a text wrap around images, but there's a problem when the image encroaches into the signature area. I thought of a way to fix it and also have a more interesting way to display the signatures on my forum.

I would like to have a table appear, with the word "Signature" within the 1px border just like you see when an attachment is displayed. Inside the box will be the member's signature/graphic. This will only show if the member has a signature.

I actually tried to duplicate this by adding some of the code for attachments in the postbit template, (even made a new sig phrase so the word would show up) but I got parsing or something errors and it was said to be caused by a conditional statement and... well, I just never got it right.

Can someone help me through this? I would appreciate it.

Jim
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com
  • eJM
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

Sorry for replying to my own post, but no one else will. Is this question too difficult to answer? Or is it so simple it doesn't deserve an answer? Maybe I should post it someplace else? Where?

Thanks.
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• ibeblunt
      • Nov 2000
      • 3.6.x

I'm doing something like that now. something like that.

In your postbit template (postbit or postbitlegecy) find:

<if condition="$post['signature']">
      <!-- sig -->
      <div>
      __________________<br />
      $post[signature]
      </div>
      <!-- / sig -->
      </if>

The way that I would do it is like so:

<if condition="$post['signature']">
      <!-- sig -->
      <fieldset style="border: 1px solid #000;">
      <legend style="font-size: 11px;">signature</legend>
      $post[signature]
      </fieldset>
      <!-- / sig -->
      </if>

Of course you could make it fancier with some padding and a margin-top, but that's the gist of it.

Hope I helped you out.

Comment

• eJM
        • Sep 2004
        • 3.8.x

Thank you for that, ibeblunt, that helped me a lot. I was able to experiment a little with your guidance and came up with this:

Code:
        <!-- sig -->
        <div style="padding:$stylevar[cellpadding]px">
        <fieldset class="fieldset">
        <legend style="font-size: 11px;">sig</legend>
        <br />
        $post[signature]
        </fieldset>
        </div>
        <!-- / sig -->
        I like the rounded corners that gave me. Can you also help me add code that will make the signature box fall below (not next to) an image that uses the image wrap code (a custom vBCode). I've found that when the message text does not reach the bottom of the image, the signature falls next to the image, not below it.

Thanks again for the help. The sig box looks a lot nicer this way, I think.

Jim
        Last edited by eJM; Wed 8 Dec '04, 8:43am. Reason: fixed the scrolling issue
        www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• GAM
          • Dec 2004

That sounds like a CSS thing and I actually suck at CSS.

Comment

• eJM
            • Sep 2004
            • 3.8.x

Many thanks go to Natch over at vB.org for the solution to my problem. The DIV line was changed to "<div style="clear:both;padding:$stylevar[cellpadding]px">". The addition of "clear:both" had the desired effect.

Thanks,

Jim
            www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...