Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AllJin.com
    • Oct 2004

Import PHPBB to VB3?

Is it possible to take my PHPBB forum (2.0.6) and keep ALL my MEMBERS and POSTS and upgrade it to vbulletin?

I really hate phpbb, but I have a TON of DATA that I'd like to keep! Hopefully I can get all the data into the new vbulletin.

If this is possible, is there a link for a tutorial that would show me step by step?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You can use the ImpEx System to import most of the phpBB data into vBulletin

Here is what the phpBB importer will import http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...06&postcount=2

Comment

• AllJin.com
      • Oct 2004

Where can I get this ImpEx? This sounds like the perfect solution!

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

In the members area its right under the link to download vB3

Comment

• TheMusicMan
          • Oct 2002
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by AllJin.com
          Is it possible to take my PHPBB forum (2.0.6) and keep ALL my MEMBERS and POSTS and upgrade it to vbulletin?

I really hate phpbb, but I have a TON of DATA that I'd like to keep! Hopefully I can get all the data into the new vbulletin.

If this is possible, is there a link for a tutorial that would show me step by step?
          Just to reassure you AllJin, I did a migration from phpBB 2.0.8 to vB303 a few months ago and have not looked back since. phpBB served me well for 18 months but I got fed up with a few things and needed better service and software.

I did the migration tentatively (as I am not really a strong teckie) and was delighted at how it all went. My users love their new forum, they love vB and all is running well...

If I can help in my limited way, I will .... good luck.
          John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...