X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZippySLC
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.8.x

mySQL Error 1020

Getting a strange error every so often when a user tries to post or browse, or if I change something in the admin panel.

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL: 
    		SELECT *
    		FROM session
    		WHERE sessionhash = 'a5d0c1e4c0e2d256d0fecfd301618b93'
    		AND lastactivity > 1097948770
    		AND host = '69.136.202.161'
    		AND idhash = 'dde2193d2d2fa36a300b6cb72bcc6f80'

mysql error: Record has changed since last read in table 'session'

mysql error number: 1020

Date: Saturday 16th of October 2004 01:01:10 PM
    Script: http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/memberlist.php?
    Referer: http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/
    IP Address: 69.136.202.161
    My host is unfortunately running a Gamma version of mySQL which vB won't support. (Fair enough.) However the version that my host chooses to run is really not up to me, and the other people that are hosted on that server seem to not have any problems with their db's. Indeed I never had a problem with Mambo or phpBB2 when I ran it.

I am assuming that the SID for each visitor is somehow changing and not matching up to what is stored in the database. I have a little script that I wrote to check the SID of a visitor, and I can refresh a million times and it won't change.

I know some people have had problems with this in the past. I am not sure if there is a resolution or not. Even some ideas for a workaround would be fine for now. As I said, I know that vB is not "certified" to run on anything but stable versions of PHP/Apache/mySQL, but unfortunately this is not a perfect world and this is what I have to work with.

Can anybody shed some light on what I can do to fix this?

(Clearing the sessions table does not seem to help for me.)
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You ran

DELETE FROM session;

And this didnt fix the issue?

Comment

• ZippySLC
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      You ran

DELETE FROM session;

And this didnt fix the issue?
      No, unfortunately not.

Comment

• ZippySLC
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.8.x

My host downgraded to mySQL 4.1.7-Max-log and the problem still exists. My host attributes it to the vBulletin code.

So any ideas why I'd be having a problem?

The rest of the stuff is pretty vanilla. PHP 4.3.9 and Apache 1.3.31.

Can someone please help?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

MySQL 4.1.7 is not recomend for vBulletin at this time. We recomend

PHP 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.0.20 or 21

Comment

• ZippySLC
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.8.x

My host basically said that "there is no reason why this shouldn't run on a gamma version of mySQL, but to test it out we'll go back to this older version."

I seriously doubt that the hosting company will waste their time downgrading to another version, especially when there is no theory why it won't work on a stable version of mySQL.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am more inclined to believe that the problem is with vB rather than mySQL. Especially with the same problem on a non Gamma version (and I was told that the problem was because it was a Gamma version...)

Edit: Also, NONE of my other db based apps (Mambo, Coppermine, phpAdsNew) give a problem with this version of mySQL. The old phpBB2 that I upgraded from worked without a hitch either.
            Last edited by ZippySLC; Thu 28 Oct '04, 8:00pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...