X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pulsorock
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.6.x

background Rebuild Search Index?

I just installed vB 3.0.3 and emptied the searchindex to rebuild it. I left the default values in the Rebuild Search Index, including the JS Redirect... but for some strange reason... after two page reload, it just stop... no reason whatsoever. My board has over 1,120,000 posts, and I cant be all this time restarting the processed where it stopped. Is there a way, maybe via a cron or something that I can rebuilt the Search Index without being all the time looking at it, and restarting the process every time it stops?

Thanks
  • pulsorock
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.6.x

There's no way I can finish the rebuild of my entire board if the process continues stopping like it does now... it only process an average of 500 (sometimes little more, sometimes less) even when "post per cycle" is set to 250 (I also tried less and more, with the same results) and "total number of posts to process" set to 0 and with the JavaScript reload page enabled. Simply after doing some posts it just stops loading the page... it loads incomplete when I see the source page. Help will be appreciated...

Comment

• pulsorock
      • Aug 2001
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by pulsorock
      There's no way I can finish the rebuild of my entire board if the process continues stopping like it does now... it only process an average of 500 (sometimes little more, sometimes less) even when "post per cycle" is set to 250 (I also tried less and more, with the same results) and "total number of posts to process" set to 0 and with the JavaScript reload page enabled. Simply after doing some posts it just stops loading the page... it loads incomplete when I see the source page. Help will be appreciated...
      I found what looks to be a solution (searchshell.php), but haven't been able to make it work... see the post here:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...