Success Importing Invision 2.0 RC1 to VB3.03!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GM_SALvation
    • Jul 2004

Success Importing Invision 2.0 RC1 to VB3.03!

It took a little effort, and it didn't port over 100% but I'm happy with what I could get. Up until now I have been running my board on Invision 1.2 and just upgraded over the weekend to 2.0RC1. I have about 530,000 posts and Invision just wasn't handling the database well and was really slowing down. I was hoping 2.0 would help but it actually made it worse.

So I purchased VB 3.03 and went to work. I went into ImpEx and selected the converter for 1.3 and hoped for the best. Most of the table names stayed the same from Invision 1.2 - 2.0 so it wasn't too bad.

All my usergroups, users, forums, threads, and posts came through without a hitch. One thing though was that ImpEx wanted the old ibf_categories table. This is dropped in 2.0 but I had a database backup and just recreated the table with the old data. After that the threads and posts came through with no problems.

The script did die however at importing private messages. 2.0 just changed to much for me to hack my way through it. No big deal though, if my members need an old PM I have an old DB backup and still have the old forums archived at a different link.

So the only thing that didn't port were PMs, mods, and attachements. All the important stuff came through great though.

Oh, and my post table which was 300MB with Invision...155MB with VB3!

Thanks for a great product. I should've gone with VB from the start.
  • Scott MacVicar
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Dec 2000

Jerry is working on IPB2 or I might do it before he's back from holiday. Its good to see that not too much has changed.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...