Glow User Titles (Sorry I still can't figure it out)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tHe Rk
    • Mar 2004

Glow User Titles (Sorry I still can't figure it out)

I have looked at all the threads and searched at vB.org and I just can't find out how to allow Glowing Usertitles for individual members. In vB2 we could just put in the HTML for the text color and glow, but if I put that in now, the only part of the code that gets used is bold. The glow doesn't go into effect. I know this issue has probably been beaten to death, but I just havn't been able to find a direct answer to the question of how to do it. I would appreciate any help you can give! Thanks. In the process of searching I did however figure out how to make my staffs usernames Bold and Italic (and colored) Now if I could just get glow Usertitles it would be great! Thanks again!
    XGPlanet [Powered by Gamers]
  • r007
    • Mar 2003
    • 3.5.x

The solution

tHe Rk –

Here is the solution to this:

1. Login to the admin panel
    2. Open the Tab ‘Usergroups’
    3. Open the Sub-Section ‘Usergroup Manager’
    4. Press ‘Go’ on the Usergroup you want to edit.
    5. In the ‘Username HTML Markup’ type
      Code:
      <div style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Glow(Color=blue,Strength=3);width: 100%;">
      in the first box and
      Code:
      </div>
      in the second
    6. Press 'Update' and you are good to go!
    This will only work on Internet Explorer, so if you use any other browser it will not work.

[Edit]
    Here is the update on how to get it to do the userTITLE, not the userNAME (Sorry about that!)
    You will need to customize these templates:
    forumdisplay_announcement:
    Code:
    Find:
     <span class="smallfont"><a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$announcement[userid]" target="_blank">$announcement[username]</a> ($announcement[usertitle])</span>
      Replace with:
     <span class="smallfont"><a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$announcement[userid]" target="_blank">$announcement[username]</a> (<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)"><div style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Glow(Color=blue,Strength=3);width: 100%;"></if>$announcement[usertitle]<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)"></div></if>)</span>
    MEMBERINFO:
    Code:
    Find:
      <if condition="$userinfo['usertitle']"><div class="smallfont">$userinfo[usertitle]</div></if>
      Replace with:
     <if condition="$userinfo['usertitle']"><div class="smallfont" <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)">style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Glow(Color=blue,Strength=3);width: 100%;"</if>>$userinfo[usertitle]</div></if>
    memberlist_resultsbit:
    Code:
    Find:
      <if condition="$show['usertitlecol']"><div class="smallfont">$userinfo[usertitle]</div></if>
      Replace with:
     <if condition="$show['usertitlecol']"><div class="smallfont" <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)">style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Glow(Color=blue,Strength=3);width: 100%;"</if>>$userinfo[usertitle]</div></if>
    postbit:
    Code:
    Find:
      <if condition="$post['usertitle']"><div class="smallfont">$post[usertitle]</div></if>
      Replace With:
     <if condition="$post['usertitle']"><div class="smallfont" <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)">style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Glow(Color=blue,Strength=3);width: 100%;"</if>>$post[usertitle]</div></if>
    postbit_legacy:
    Code:
    Find:
      <if condition="$post['usertitle']"><div class="smallfont">$post[usertitle]</div></if>
      Replace With:
     <if condition="$post['usertitle']"><div class="smallfont" <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)">style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Glow(Color=blue,Strength=3);width: 100%;"</if>>$post[usertitle]</div></if>
    You can also customize modifyprofile, modifyusergroups, modifyusergroups_displaybit, modifyusergroups_memberbit. But they are just templates that get displayed only to you, so I did not modify them.

Hope this helps,
    And sorry for the misunderstanding,
    -Robert
    Last edited by r007; Sun 13 Jun '04, 8:50pm. Reason: Updated infomation to the correct solution
    -r007

Comment

• tHe Rk
      • Mar 2004

I am looking for a way to do "User Titles" not usernames. Thanks though.

Comment

• XtremeGuy
        • Jun 2004
        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Does anyone know how to do this? I tried what was posted above but it did not work and i've looked everywhere.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

Use this code for the user title:

<table style="filter:glow(color=yellow, strength=4)">USER TITLE</table>

Change the color and strength to whatever you want.

Comment

• XtremeGuy
            • Jun 2004
            • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Jake Bunce

Any idea of how to implement this based on usergroups?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
              • Dec 2000
              • 3.6.x

Use the code in the User Title field of the usergroup in your:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> User Title

If you don't want users to be able to change their title from the one granted by their group, then you need to deny custom title privs from those groups:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Use Custom Title

Also keep in my that title ladders will override group titles:

Admin CP -> User Titles -> User Title Manager

After making these changes you may need to update your user title counter for the changes to take affect:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Update User Titles

Comment

• XtremeGuy
                • Jun 2004
                • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Use the code in the User Title field of the usergroup in your:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> User Title

If you don't want users to be able to change their title from the one granted by their group, then you need to deny custom title privs from those groups:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Use Custom Title

Also keep in my that title ladders will override group titles:

Admin CP -> User Titles -> User Title Manager

After making these changes you may need to update your user title counter for the changes to take affect:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Update User Titles
                Wouldn't that just force A glowing user title that stays the same?, what i'm trying to do is so that the title will glow but users will be able to input the text without the code, but want specific usergroups to only have it. The other post above looks like it does that based on usergroups but doesn't work lol.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                  • Dec 2000
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by XtremeGuy
                  Wouldn't that just force A glowing user title that stays the same?
                  Yes.

If you want users to be able to enter their own titles but still have them glow, then you will need to use a series of conditionals in the templates. That is what r007's post was about.

If r007's glow code doesn't work then try using my glow code with his template modifications.

Comment

• tHe Rk
                    • Mar 2004

I just wanted to say thanks my friend! It worked like a charm and just as easily as using html in vB2. Rk very happy

Comment

• Freezerator
                      • May 2002
                      • 3.6.x

How can i make a username glow, but that when i mouseover, it still looks like an url?

With the div, it doesnt act as an url
                      Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                        • Dec 2000
                        • 3.6.x

It doesn't work with the table code either.

I don't know. If no one else here knows then you might try posting on www.vbulletintemplates.com

Comment

• CSMatt
                          • Aug 2004
                          • 3.5.x

How would I be able to make the glowing user titles glow for more than one usergroup, but not for all usergroups? I want all of the Administrator user titles to glow one color, all of the Super Moderator user titles to glow another color, and all of the Moderator user titles to glow yet another color. I also want custom user titles to remain enabled for these usergroups. How would I be able to do this?

Comment

• indie
                            • Aug 2004

You may also want to consider that glow doesn't work in all browsers. In Firefox it doesn't. IE, it does (from what I have seen).

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                              • Dec 2000
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by CSMatt
                              ...I also want custom user titles to remain enabled for these usergroups...
                              That presents a problem. You can't use HTML code when setting a custom title in the User CP. So the glow code would need to be added around the titles in the form of a file hack or some template mods.

I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org about this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...