How do you setup an RSS feeds with vBulletin v3.x?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iamtgo3
    • Jul 2002

How do you setup an RSS feeds with vBulletin v3.x?

I have just recently setup and RSS Feed for my website and would like to add vBulletin infor to it as well. Is there a way to set this up. I have seen an RSS Feed on other forum software and thought vBulletin is way better then those packages there has got to be a way. Any help would be great.
  • flyertech
    • May 2001
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

From AdminCP > vBulletin Options > External Data Provider > set "Enable RSS Syndication" to YES

Comment

• iamtgo3
      • Jul 2002

Hey bannoy,

Thanks for the help. I found the link below after I posted. I guess I did not search as well as I thought. Now I just feel stupid for posting this.

Thanks so much for the reply.

Comment

• Thrasher9
        • Feb 2003

I'm wanting to use the RSS feed on my forum, but I'm not seeing new posts that occur in the private sections of the forum.
        This makes sense, but I was wondering if there was a way to provide the same type of feeds on the private forums for those users.

Comment

• iamtgo3
          • Jul 2002

Not sure but I thought with most viewers and I am new to this mind you offer a username and password. Is this the same thing as the forum username and password?

Comment

• inaka
            • Apr 2003

Wayne's examples in the link above is very clear. However, is there a way to provide a single RSS feed for multiple forums that I designate?

For example, Wayne used the following URL create a feed for only forum number 55:

However, how can one create a similar link that pulls a feed from multiple forums, such as only forums 55, 3, and 6, (just for an example.)?

This info would really help me, thanks.

Comment

• inaka
              • Apr 2003

Please help. I'm looking for an answer to the question above which hasn't been covered yet here. Thanks.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Dec 2000

Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• inaka
                  • Apr 2003

ah...it's a comma. Cool. I tried an "&" but not a comma...thanks!

Comment

• iamtgo3
                    • Jul 2002

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the replies for inaka. That is a good answer for a lot of people I imagine. vBulletin 3.x is so versitile man you guys hit gold with this version.

Comment

• SoberRecovery
                      • Jul 2002

Any Help?

System does not support the specified encoding. Error processing resource 'http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/external.php?'. Line 1, Position 34

<?xml version="1.0" encoding=""?>I have tried all three types. Together and apart, and still get this error message.
                      Have A Great 24...
                      SoberRecovery.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...