Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cynthia
    • Oct 2001

search.php

We are having search problems - existing threads or posts not showing in search results mainly - and I think I know how it came about but I'm lost as to how to correct it.

After upgrading from 2.2.9 to vB3Gold I did a reindex of the search (which took all day - do I have to close the boards to run the reindex? I did but perhaps that's not necessary?)

After this was completed I tried to place a modification of the search.php file to exclude a particular forum from showing in the search results. I got repeated errors and darn it! had forgotten to save a copy of the file before attempting the modification.

So I removed that file and uploaded the default search.php file, noticing a big difference in the size of the two files. The default is 69 KB and the modified one is 137 KB

Would someone be willing to take a look at my modified search.php file and see if they can pinpoint the error?

Thanks!!
    Eat Your Veggies
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

File modifications are to be discussed on vbulletin.org

Comment

• the Sandman
      • Jul 2003
      • 3.7.x

In vB3, you can select 'No' for the option Index New Posts in Search Engine on a forum by forum basis via the Forum Manager. I could be wrong, but I think this will accomplish what you want without resorting to hacking.
      Setting this to 'No' will prevent anyone from being able to search in this forum. If this is set to No, posts made in this forum from this point on will not be indexed by the search engine. Such posts will not able to be searched for. This is desirable if you have a "Testing" type forum, or a forum that is chit-chat that you don't want indexed.
      The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
      Articles - Forum Review
      Interviews:
      KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
      Paul M

Comment

• Cynthia
        • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Floris
        File modifications are to be discussed on vbulletin.org
        I realize that but I removed the code modification - at least i thought I did - and still got the error. I was just hoping someone would take a look at my search.php file to see why I'm still getting an error because we have ongoing search results issues since I placed the default search.php file in it's place in the interim.

The search.php file was doubled in size before I attempted the modification.
        Should I take my request to vB.org?

I'll try the Index New Posts setting and see if that achieves what I need. Thanks for that!
        Eat Your Veggies

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...