Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpriest
    • Dec 2000

only blank pages!

i just moved my forum to a new host, database is moved over and works fine, everything is mirrored just the domain is not moved yet.

altho, whenever i call a page that requires global.php all i get is a blank page, no sql error, no php error nothing just BLANK!
    i know that could be global.php because i coded my own news script which uses global.php as well and this page shows only blank too!

so does anyone know whats going wrong ? the weird thing is the admin control panel works!! (no problems) i guess thats because it uses a seperate global.php?

well any help is appreciated, thnx
  • RobAC
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.8.x

Have you taken a look at the sourcecode (if there is any) behind the blank page?
    Rob

Comment

• cpriest
      • Dec 2000

well in iexplore the usual stuff (iexplore does that):
      Code:
      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
      <HTML><HEAD>
      <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
      <BODY></BODY></HTML>
      in netscape "Blank document".
      just NOTHING

Comment

• RobAC
        • Jan 2001
        • 3.8.x

Were you only experiencing this problem after you moved to a new host? Have you made any changes to any of the forum templates after you moved to the new host? The reason I ask is that if there is an HTML error in the templates somewhere which would only occur by editing, then Netscat will not render the code and you'll see a blank page.
        Rob

Comment

• cpriest
          • Dec 2000

nope nothing changed but admin/config.php (to fit new db info).

Comment

• RobAC
            • Jan 2001
            • 3.8.x

Hmm....this one is beyond my scope. Let's see if someone else can help you out. Good luck.
            Rob

Comment

• cpriest
              • Dec 2000

nevermind, fixed it! (it was a header include problem)

Comment

• Darkmeteor
                • Jan 2002

cpriest can you tell me what you finally did to make your forum works ?

Because I have the same problem, every script that use the global.php gives back blank pages (because include is at the top of the files)

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

• Darkmeteor
                  • Jan 2002

bump

Comment

• Joshs
                    • Jan 2001

Can you tell me how to fix it? I have the same problem!

Comment

• evilhellsatan
                      • Feb 2002

question

cpriest, after going to your admin panel - did your forum work?

I have Xactly the same problem. All blanks. But after logging in to the admin panel everything works(!).

But if I clear my cookies and start over again... nothing works! (Except the admin panel and when I've been there everything works nicely. As mentioned above) Cookie stuff i u ask me. Seems like I have to visit the admin panel to get a cookie, but after that everything works. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have also posted a more detailed description of my own problem under this thread;

Anders
                      Last edited by evilhellsatan; Sat 9 Feb '02, 5:14pm.

Comment

• Chrissicom
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by cpriest
                        nevermind, fixed it! (it was a header include problem)
                        please cpriest be so kind to post for us all having this same problem how you fixed it.... because I have exactly the same problem without ever moving the server, I just had to install the forum into a sub-folder to make it work but I want to use it in root!
                        "I have emotional vices and they can be far more paralyzing than drugs or alcohol."
                        -Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock Central Message Board / Chris' Famous Sandra Bullock Page / Sandra Bullock News (Deutsch)

Comment

• crash resistant
                          • Oct 2004

same problem. i'm not stupid enough to make the mistake of uploading config.php or index.php in binary- so please..
                          what in the world could be going on.

I have the exact duplicate copy of the forum files and database localy and it works perfect. I put it all on the server, with the exact database, and correct sql settings in config.php...

and i get a blank page on every page.

If I mess up the sql login variables for example, it gives me an expected error.

edit: sorry wrong forum. this is ancient
                          Last edited by crash resistant; Wed 15 Dec '04, 11:41pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...