Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bira
    • May 2000

[Release vb2.0] 3 Admin Tools: Remove Redirect, Edit Posts, & Moderate User

Three additional tools for administrators/moderators - one written by wluke (I hope he does not mind me bundling it with the other two I wrote).

Download the zip file attached. Each hack has its own txt file with exact instructions on how to install it.

Hacks description:
    1. Redirect Removal: Allows you to delete the "Moved" redirect to a thread.
    2. Multi Posts Editing: Allows you to conveniently edit several posts in one thread at once, in one page and with one submit button (good for occassions where a thread gets out of hand and people are overboard).
    3. Place User's Posting under Moderation: Allows you to place a user under moderation, whereby his posts and threads will be queued until an admin/moderator validates them. (written by Wluke).

Cheers,

Bira

UPDATE MAY 3rd:

* Added to the zip-file a fourth tool for mass-prune redirects ("moved:" links) older than x days (with ability to select which to delete and which to leave).

* fixed a bug in the user-under-moderation hack, which allowed threads with a poll to go unmoderated.

Download here
    Last edited by bira; Thu 3 May '01, 2:21am.
  • bira
    • May 2000

Some screenshots, for what they're worth:

The link to delete a "Moved" redirect to a thread would look like this:

The link to edit multiple posts in one thread would look like this:

And here's a bit of what the multi-edit form page looks like:

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

Kick-A@@! You rock, bira!

BTW, I hope you don't mind, I borrowed your speech for my sig. (But I credited you, so...)

Comment

• bira
        • May 2000

Thanks tubedogg

Comment

• bokhalifa
          • Feb 2001

good hack

Comment

• George L
            Former vBulletin Support
            • May 2000
            • 3.8.x

can the remove redirect link be made available in the /mod control panel as well ?
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• CJ
              • Nov 2000

Does the last feature (the place users post under moderation) still have the bug that the user who is actually moderated can view the private forums? (ie forums only for moderators and/or administrators)

Looks like a nice hack

Comment

• bira
                • May 2000

CJ - it never had that bug. The hack has 0 effect or relevance to permissions.

Eva2000 -- to add it to the mod's control panel you would need to make another hack, which I can look into but I have a feeling I can save that time with an easier solution:

Am I right in assuming that you want it, because you don't allow your mods to delete threads, which means they have no permission going to the "Delete" page? If I am right, tell me this: are they allowed to go to the "Edit" page?

The reason I ask is this: "Edit" and "Delete" - those are just different actions from the same script. It makes the hack allthemore easy to implement on any web page that is essentially outputted from this script. The Mod's control panel is a whole different set of scripts though.

Comment

• George L
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • May 2000
                  • 3.8.x

well my problem is one forum i have get's alot of threads posted in that always get moved out by moderators (who can not delete posts)

this leaves the forum full of redirect links of which my mods want to be able to delete after a certain time i.e. 1, 3, 5 or 7 days
                  :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                  :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• bira
                    • May 2000

ok Eva, I understand what you mean now. I'll write a separate hack for that

Comment

• CJ
                      • Nov 2000

Bira, it might not be a bug in teh hack than, but to put users on moderated you need a seperate usergroup, right? Well you need to be careful there. Be sure you disable private forums for that usergroup.

Comment

• bira
                        • May 2000

CJ - you can't possibly say that if an admin doesn't grant appropriate usergroup permissions per forum, that's a bug?!?

Private Forums permissions have NOTHING to do with placing a user under moderation of his posts.

I have a user who HAS access to a private forum but his posts are under moderation because he has a tendency to use foul launguage.

Forum permissions are about access and other rights you give or take from users and usergroups.

ALL this hack does is put a user's new post or new thread in the moderation queue, rather than automatically make it public.
                        Last edited by bira; Sat 28 Apr '01, 2:24am.

Comment

• bira
                          • May 2000

Fourth Admin Tool added at Eva2000's request

Prune Redirects in Moderators CP

Comment

• CJ
                            • Nov 2000

Yeah sorry, I wasn't sure at first how this hack worked and if it would be part of the hack.

Sorry, and good hacks anyway

Originally posted by bira
                            CJ - you can't possibly say that if an admin doesn't grant appropriate usergroup permissions per forum, that's a bug?!?

Private Forums permissions have NOTHING to do with placing a user under moderation of his posts.

I have a user who HAS access to a private forum but his posts are under moderation because he has a tendency to use foul launguage.

Forum permissions are about access and other rights you give or take from users and usergroups.

ALL this hack does is put a user's new post or new thread in the moderation queue, rather than automatically make it public.

Comment

• RobAC
                              • Jan 2001
                              • 3.8.x

Bira,

Awesome job! I'm looking forward to insalling this one. I'm holding off with installing anymore hacks until the final production version of 2.0 is out. This hack along with a couple of tubedogg's hacks are on the top of my list!
                              Rob

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...