Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WizyWyg
    • Jul 2001

Possible [BUG] v 2.2.0 Cant display HTML correctly

I retried his "table" html coding on my own board and I get the same results. A HUGE blank space between the top and then the table. Doesn't parse the <table> tag correctly (doesn't even show the "borders" of the table even with having borders=5)
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

• tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

It's a bug but it's be impossible to fix. The problem is in order to correctly parse line breaks, the message is run through nl2br() (new line to <br>). Since the HTML is on more than one line, a <br> (or in the case of later versions of PHP, <br />) is added. The browser interprets this and puts all the <br>'s at the top, outside the table, since they're not valid inside a table but outside of table cells.

OK, so why is it impossible to fix? Couldn't we just do a str_replace() to take out the <br>'s? Sure, but what if the author put one in? Then it would take that one out too.

The current solution is to run any code together on one line. Bad, but it's the best I can come up with.

Comment

• WizyWyg
      • Jul 2001

And it works.
      So html all in one line?? hehe, its gonna look ugly
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...