X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig A
    • Apr 2000

Installing on site5.com

Hi folks,
    Have signed up with site5.com for the time being, and i'm trying to install version 1.1.1 as I understand 1.1.2 is buggy on their servers. Anyway, I was kinda hoping that someone could offer some guidance to assist me ?

It's kinda embarrasing to say that I got stuck so early on the install but, in my defence, the host, mySQL and PHP are all new to me... :p

[quote]
    Attempting to connect...

Warning: Access denied for user: 'ten-tent@localhost' (Using password: YES) in db_mysql.php on line 31

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in db_mysql.php on line 37
    [/quote]

Can anyone shed any light on the correct content of the config.php file for me ? I've tried various solutions, but keep getting the same message - can anyone help ?

Cheers guys!
  • AWS
    • Apr 2000
    • 5.2.x

You didn't setup the database with the correct user permissions. When you create the db you have to create a user and give that user permission to access the db. This is a step most people forget. They create the db and user but don't set user permissions.
    Bob
    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Craig A
      • Apr 2000

Erm, I did actually, and it still don't work :(

ANyone else got any thoughts ?

Comment

• John
        • Apr 2000

I think that this is because you are using either an incorrect username or database in your config.php file. Check with your host that you do have the correct details.

John
        John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...