Limited options in custom profile fields?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BWJ
    • Aug 2005

Limited options in custom profile fields?

Lets say I would like to make a checkbox with 55 options. I use the Add New User Profile Field option in the admin panel. What happen is this:

"You may only specify up to 32 options for checkbox or select_multiple input types. You entered 55 options for this field."

Okay, can this really be true - that "only" 32 options are possible....??? Is it possible to change this limit - how - and if - to what kind of limit...??
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by BWJ
    Okay, can this really be true - that "only" 32 options are possible....??? Is it possible to change this limit - how - and if - to what kind of limit...??
    vBulletin uses bit fields to store custom profile field options. PHP only supports up to 32 bit integers. That is where the limit comes from.

There is no easy way to change this.

Comment

• BWJ
      • Aug 2005

Thank you Jake for a very very fast reply... even though I didn't actually liked the answer. It's really a shame as an unlimited number would give some really nice possibilities regarding identifying (searching) members combining numerous unique criteria...

Comment

• PSS
        • Aug 2005

This limitation makes custom profile fields useless to me as well....

Comment

• ThorstenA
          • Nov 2004
          • 4.0.x

I have made this a suggestion for vbulletin > 3.6

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...