Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mithras
    • Jun 2005

Issue with Creating Custom PM Folders

I have come across an interesting problem with a couple of VB installations where users, myself included, cannot create new private message folders in the User CP.

I input the name I want in one of the fields and hit "Save Folders" and the page refreshes like the command has gone through but in the end no folder is created.

The forums are skinned extensively but this doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem as the error occurs using the default templates as well.

I have done a quick search of these forums to see if anyone else had this problem but I couldn't find anything related. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Which version of vB are you running?

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DisturbedRoach
      • Jun 2001

Hi (I am the guy skinning the forums)...the above guy is my partner in crime.

Anyways, we have had this issue with the original skin too.

(board 1) When we created a new skin, we made a copy of the orignal one with no parent style (this skin was copy of original). Now my guess was that it was a bug with the script. But when I copied the template styles for another forum (board 2) so that I can skin them I had same issue.

We then installed a test board (board 3), and it works on there (that is the original skin, with no modifications).

We also have not edited the original skin file on the board (board 1) with the error when we created a new style.

So it has to be something. We have also not edited pm_editfolder or pm_editfoldersbit.

And we are using the latest version of board (3.0.7) too. I have also tried to copy the pm_editfolders and pmeditfoldersbit from (board 3) to board 1 and board 2, but no go.
      Last edited by DisturbedRoach; Fri 17 Jun '05, 8:02pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

I don't know what you mean by 'bug in the script'. There is no such bug in vB 3.0.7.

You should not have this problem with the original vB files and templates, as you saw on your test board.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mithras
          • Jun 2005

Hey Steve,

Using the default templates gives us the same error. I took your suggestion and it was giving us the same problem.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Mithras
            Hey Steve,

Using the default templates gives us the same error. I took your suggestion and it was giving us the same problem.
            Originally posted by DisturbedRoach
            We then installed a test board (board 3), and it works on there (that is the original skin, with no modifications).
            It does not happen with the default files, templates and database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Mithras
              • Jun 2005

Haha,

Alright, so which files or skin section/area do you think would be causing this problem?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

I honestly don't know. However as you do know we cannot provide support for hacked forums. You already stated you have the same problem with the original style, so you yourself have ruled this out. That leaves the hacks you've installed. If you do not want to remove your hacks, you can try asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• DisturbedRoach
                  • Jun 2001

There were no hacks installed at all.

We found the problem when we made the second style. There were no major skinning modifications at all.

It would help me out a ton if you told me, what parts are controlling the add folder template. (gonna figure it out myself)

Thanks for the help chap...

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                    Former vBulletin Developer
                    • May 2000
                    • 1.1.x

You would need to compare unmodified private messaging templates to your versions to see the differences. That is really all the help we can provide in situations such as this. The private messaging templates are all in their own group in the Style Editor.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...