X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p23
    • Jan 2005

Purchasing older license vs newer license

Hello

I have a presales question I would like to ask please.

If I purchase a second hand older license then are you able to access the vbulletin support forums to discuss and get support from peers and general users? Or for that do you have to only have the current license?

Thanks

Eg. It can be summarized by asking "Is there any way that I can actually have purchased a legitimate license but not be able to get access to the official vbulletin support forum. Is it something I have to be aware of
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90059 That should anwser 99% of your questions.

Comment

• p23
      • Jan 2005

Hi

I read it but it doesn't clearly answer my question. I want to know if I buy a second hand license that obviously is not renewed, then can I still use it legally and will I get access to the forums.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Yes

Comment

• p23
          • Jan 2005

Basically I have a budget for IPB, but am considering going for an older version of Vbulletin and then upgrade when i can afford to if that makes sense.

Now I am assuming I am correct in thinking that you can buy an older version and use it for life, BUT you can't get any updates and you can't get any new version downloads. Is this correct?

So assuming I am correct I will have a perfectly legitimate copy of Vbulletin to use for life, but without support and without updates. Now my question is this:

Can I get access to the "general forums" or does that denote "support" and will it mean the answer is no. Sorry if the answer is burried in that long but detailed page you showed me, but I could not find it.

Support can mean "access to the forums" or it can mean email support.

Thanks in Advance and Sorry if I am not being very clear

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

As long as the license is valid and no chargeback is done on it, etc .. and you become the owner of it (its transferred to you through vBulletin sales) yes .. you can set yourself up for priority support.

Comment

• p23
              • Jan 2005

I have some choices..there are several options for a person like me.

You see it makes good sense to buy an older version and get used to it and build it up then I assume I can migrate much more easily than otherwise. But I can't fork out the total $160, which I have no doubt it is superbly good value for money, it is just my budget won't stretch so I am looking at other options.

Hey you don't do a half size version do you? Or do you offer cut price deals in return for design work or something?

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

No, we do not sell second hand through this site, or give free or discounted licenses. Our prices are already offered lower then what is currently on the market. You can buy 3 or more licenses and then you can get a discount.

Comment

• Jaye
                  • Jan 2005

sounds a good deal to me.

Comment

• Jaye
                    • Jan 2005

does 3 licences mean we can use VB on 3 seperate URL's?

Comment

• adguru
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jaye
                      does 3 licences mean we can use VB on 3 seperate URL's?
                      Exactly!
                      =)

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

Yes, it does. But you need to have 3 active licensed

Comment

• p23
                          • Jan 2005

Ok so let me be specific.

If I purchase an old license from Version two which would be more than 12 months old. Here are my two questions.

1. Can I legally use that forum for life....without paying anything further.

2. Can I use the forums as a license owner eg. (fully licensed).

This is what I am trying to find out but I am having difficulty in understanding exactly what it is, you mentioned "I can set up you can set yourself up for priority support." which is what you said in your earlier response, but what exactly does that mean? I am not asking about "paid support".

I would like to find out here and now if I purchase one of your licenses but an older version, does that license allow me access to the forum as a legitimate and legal license holder, but albeit an older license of more than a year ago.

I appologise in advance if you have answered this, perhaps I am a bit dozy today I would appreciate a very clear answer to my two questions above.

Thanks in advance

Comment

• p23
                            • Jan 2005

I think the answer has already been given and it is an affirmative yes. But I hope you dont mind I just wnated to be 100% sure before I part with my hard earned cash and legally buy a license the proper way. So don't mind me asking here at the right place. cuz if I come back and say why don't I get support you guys would tell me I should have come here and made sure first.

Comment

• p23
                              • Jan 2005

Hey Gang!

One last question then I'm out of here You'll be saying how glad you are I'm gone...

Can anybody tell me the best place on the net to find Vbulletin licenses for sale? I know about WHT forum but is their a forum of forum owners anywhere? That is a popular one?

Thanks in advance..ok if you are not liking me asking about second hand ones then I can understand also..so I won't be offended if you say you cna't allow anybody to answer me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...