Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poli
    • Nov 2004

Bush and Canada??

What effects does the re-election of George W. Bush have on Canada? It can be any nation-wide (as in not like just one city) things such as politically, socially, economically, etc.

It would be great if you include reasons if you speculate. Also, I would really like that you include some background information to help me get started on some of the effects or issues happening in Canada.

For example, you may say, "Canada is (will be) experiencing poor trade relations" You can then add "because .... in response to... as a result..." etc. etc. and if you're speculating, state why you think so. Now, background information would be like describing the recent trade relations and how it was before being affected or how it is on average/generally. It doesn't have to be specific; generic information would actually do better.
  • filburt1
    • Feb 2002

I read online that Canada is happy about Bush's refusal to import prescription drugs from them because it means there's more for the Canadians.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• ShadyNight
      • Dec 2002
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by filburt1
      I read online that Canada is happy about Bush's refusal to import prescription drugs from them because it means there's more for the Canadians.
      Actually, We aren't overly thrilled about that factor. Since it mean yet MORE buisness/money he is taking away from us.

Bad enough he has killed our softwood lumber trade, put, I think, 2 mills out of buisness here in town alone.

I can only speak personally on this, I feel he will screw us even more, and kill almost all income he can for us. Hubby's job DEPENDS on buisness from the US, bush getting in ... they are very worried.

Comment

• Joseph777
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by poli
        What effects does the re-election of George W. Bush have on Canada? It can be any nation-wide (as in not like just one city) things such as politically, socially, economically, etc.
        One other terrible effect ... I am moving up! Move over and make room for this fat yankee!

Comment

• Tolitz
          • Dec 2000

I'm waiting for my brother's petition (he's already in Canada with his family) ... we've had this planned since the end of the 2000 elections, whether Kerry won or not in this last one
          OPEN TECH SUPPORT
          "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

• James Kojiro
            • Jun 2004
            • 3.6.x

Lots of people will move to canada or mexico to get away when Bush tries to destroy america

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
              Banned
              • Mar 2004
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Tolitz
              What, the Republicans want me to shut up about going to Canada too!

Judge not, lest ye be judged... I'm sure that's a very familiar saying to you, dear sir.
              Besides, Americans going to canada should be good news. The Right Wing can reshape America in its own image without much contest...

Anyway, that's all I have to say
              I'm an independent

Judge not, lest ye be judged
              Follow your own advice.

No where in this thread did I say George Bush was the best President ever.

He is far from destroying America, I just ask people to use common sense thats all

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                Banned
                • Mar 2004
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by James Kojiro
                Tolitz has a point there BrentWilson. I went to a party yesterday and talked about how I was going to move to Cancun until 2008. I made it an uphill battle for them to get me to shut up .

Oh, and please stop trying to flame people. I know that sometimes you can get ticked off at people, but at least do a favour to the rest of the people in the discussion and private message the person so that you can solve your problems diplomatically.
                Fair enough, you can leave America until 2008, enjoy Mexicos thriving economy and clean water in the mean time.

Its funny people dont get their way so they move, while giving up their vote. You know we have elections in 2006 for Congress? Thats a perfect oppurtunity for you far left wingers to get back the Senate

Comment

• Tolitz
                  • Dec 2000

Originally posted by BrentWilson
                  Thats a perfect oppurtunity for you far left wingers to get back the Senate
                  I doubt they'll get that vote either. Once they mention anything related to "gay", "abortion" and "stem cells", they're as good as gone...
                  OPEN TECH SUPPORT

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Tolitz
                    I doubt they'll get that vote either. Once they mention anything related to "gay", "abortion" and "stem cells", they're as good as gone...
                    Good thats what we call the will of the people

Thats why we vote, we elect people to office that represent me and you. If the majority doesnt want gay marriage, stem cell research, or abortion then the majority rules.

Thats common knowledge.

Comment

• James Kojiro
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 3.6.x

Fair enough, you can leave America until 2008, enjoy Mexicos thriving economy and clean water in the mean time.

Its funny people dont get their way so they move, while giving up their vote. You know we have elections in 2006 for Congress? Thats a perfect oppurtunity for you far left wingers to get back the Senate
                      I agree with Tolitz. If the liberal cause isn't dead yet, they are going to be as dead as my next door neighbors turkey come Thanksgiving Week.

Oh, and I know all about their economy and water too, but there are also other methods such as living in places like Argentina, or maybe England. Se habla espanol!

Comment

• Tolitz
                        • Dec 2000

Thats why we vote, we elect people to office that represent me and you. If the majority doesnt want gay marriage, stem cell research, or abortion then the majority rules.

Thats common knowledge.
                        Fair enough, but it's also a reason to leave for "greener" pastures. I don't want other people who think only for themselves decide how I should live my life just because I don't go to church as often as they do. Tolerance is a two-edged sword. I'm sure the other side would understand that if the roles were reversed.
                        OPEN TECH SUPPORT

Comment

• Tolitz
                          • Dec 2000

Besides, as I said, we were planning on going to Canada since 2000. Even if Kerry won, we would still push on. Call us disenfranchised Americans
                          OPEN TECH SUPPORT

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                            • Dec 2000
                            • 3.6.x

Code:
                            if (personal_attacks.more())
                            {
                            	thread.lock();
                            }

Comment

• ZippySLC
                              • Oct 2004
                              • 3.8.x

Thats common knowledge.
                              First off, the president is not elected directly. We're a republic, not a democracy. The only officials that are elected directly are your local officials, senators, and representatives. The Senate and the House make up the electoral vote, which is what decides the presidency. Since they vote along party lines, what really decides the presidency is who is in the senate and the house. The popular vote means nothing, and is just smoke and mirrors.

Second of all, there are plenty of items that popular opinion is against that Bush is for. The majority of people want prescription drugs from Canada. Bush says no.

Move to Canada because Bush won? No. That's the easy way out, and it doesn't solve things. Try to change the system, work towards getting people to directly elect the president - yes. Republican or Democrat, I don't care. I'd like to see some people with character - not those who have extramarital affairs, hand out contracts to their friends companies, etc. in power. I'd like a President that actually CARES about the working American instead of helping political allies and crushing the working man with taxes, fees, etc.

Unfortunately, IMHO, the political process is too broken to be fixed without a LOT of sacrifices on both the Dems and Rebublican sides. The two party system blows, and the fact that the common man is ignored in the political process is a joke.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...