vb3 Board unstable? Unable to add cookies, header already sent.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stokesy_dcfc
    • Apr 2004

vb3 Board unstable? Unable to add cookies, header already sent.

Hi,

I have recently upgraded a large-ish (1gb) vb database from 2.2.6 -> 3.0.0 and have a problem. It's happened twice since the upgrade, the first time we had to reboot the server as load average was up to about 30.

The only resolution to this problem I have found is to restore the vbulletin-settings.xml using the packaged tools.php. This of course is not an acceptable solution as we lose all our customised settings and have to go through re-adding them.

This is the error displayed when anything is accessed (index.php, admin cp etc):

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ffwa/public_html/forums/includes/sessions.php on line 266

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/ffwa/public_html/forums/includes/sessions.php
    Line: 266

I have two queries:

i) What is causing this and how can we prevent if from happening?

ii) Is there a back-up facility in the admin cp to download our customised xml files (specifically vbulletin-settings.xml) so we can restore back to our settings should the problem persist.

Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It is caused by a corrupt language table. We are looking into why this is happening as well as building failsafes into the system. In the meantime run the queries in the attached ZIP file to get your forums up and running again.
    Attached Files
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• stokesy_dcfc
      • Apr 2004

Wayne,

My forums are back up and running again, as I did a vbulletin-settings.xml restore using the tools.php script: my board has reverted to your 'Jupiter Development Forum' settings. I did not do vbulletin-language.xml, and seeing as the boards are back-up I don't think they'll be much need to run your SQL file.

This is a serious bug as it renders the board inoperable at all levels: has a bug tracker/report been raised for this issue and is there a timescale for when a proper fix for this bug will be available?

Please could you also provide a response to one of my previous queries:

ii) Is there a back-up facility in the admin cp to download our customised xml files (specifically vbulletin-settings.xml) so we can restore back to our settings should the problem persist.
      Thanks

Comment

• georgec
        • Jun 2002

Did you try running "fixoptions.php" as incuded in this thread first: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99323 My board went down for a day yesterday due to the exact same error, and running that file got us back up- for now.

Wayne, is there an ideal file to run right now to resolve the problem as the bug is being looked at? It's confusing, because different people are saying run different things, though for me only "fixoptions.php" has worked so far for me. Obviously something that doesn't tamper with the rest of the site/database, and works .

Thanks,
        - JavaScript Kit | CSS Drive | CodingForums.com | CodeTricks.com

Comment

• stokesy_dcfc
          • Apr 2004

I'm sure I speak for george as well when I say we'd appreciate a response to this.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Not sure what the question is. If fixoptions.php fixes the problem then it should stay fixed. If it doesn't then you should fill out a support ticket.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• stefanb
              • Apr 2004

steve, please read post #3 thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

There is no function to download the vB settings if that's what you are asking.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• CarCdr
                  • Apr 2004

This just bit us as well:

File: N/A
                  Line: 0

Unable to access the forum at all, and this on a weekend when we were working to do the conversion so we could open it up for use by our company.

I did not find a trouble ticket searching for "unable to add cookies" at the "Enter a bug ID or terms to search for" bug tracker search box, as it would appear that it finds entries that comtain any of those words.

From this thread, I would say there is no vendor fix or work-around. We will postpone the conversion effort until there is. Better that we run into the problem now then field calls from irate users trying our new forum.

I would appreciate it if a staff person could reict me to the bug tracker thread so that I may follow the effort to resolve this problem.

I know about fixoptions.php, but please understand we are setting this up in a rather large company and they frown on us running such code when not released by the vendor.

Allan

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

That means you have whitespace before a <? in your php files

Comment

• Dead End Society
                      • May 2004
                      • 3.6.x

I just got this as well.

File: /home2/abime/public_html/forums/includes/config.php
                      Line: 205

Can anyone help me out? I'm not sure what to do. I just did a fresh brand new install and finished all of my 13 steps and got this messege.

EDIT

Ok, I know I am supposed to delete these "white lines", but can anyone explaine that better for me?

EDIT

Nevermind, I figured it out, lol.
                      Last edited by Dead End Society; Fri 6 Aug '04, 5:21am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...