• Show
Clear All
  • gustos
    • Aug 2007

Registered Logged In Users Getting Invalid Blog Specified

Hello guys,
    Not sure what is wrong...

I get this error after logging in as any user and clicking on Blog:

Invalid Blog specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Clearing cookies and refreshing gives and shows the blog link fine as a guest...

Permissions on usergroups are set fine and I disabled most of my extensions no change...
  • raiderlax
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

I have been having sort of the same problem, I'm not sure, but I honestly think there is some problem with cookies and this blog system they don't work together.

Comment

• noppid
      • May 2003

I think what may be happening is that if the user is set invisible, this occurs. At least in our case that is what appears to be happening. I thought I was looking for a message that said this blog was private, but I didn't see that, he's just invisible.

The invisible user has another bug too, possibly. When I view his blog, I don't see the formatted post at the top of the page. I see what appears to be a preview page similar to when you preview a post, but there is no box around the text like a preview saying so.

The raw text in no box shows, then the <prev - main - next> links, then the formatted post in a box with a title.

The other members blog appears to be what we want to see. That member is not set invisible.

Anyone else?
      Computer Help Forum
      An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

• gustos
        • Aug 2007

With the help of support, we isolated it to a cookie 'b'

I found on my own that this cookie is from photo post pro in my case.

In interferes with the blog, why? I have no idea why a cookie does this with this script...

Try using Firefox, go to options then view cookies. delete them 1 by 1 and try again... u will find there are cookies that mess up vbulletin blog...

Comment

• jacki
          • Jun 2006
          • 3.5.x

hello , I have got same problems.When I click to blogs I got error "its dud blog" error..Im trying to fix for 6 hours.I can't fix.
          Yorumla.net

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pervak
              • Dec 2008
              • 3.7.x

This problem has been cleared it this post:

The answer is:
              The blog uses "b" for the blogid. If your javascript is overwriting our REQUEST variable then you will need to change the javascript to use another variable name.
              My opinion is that blog cookie variable should be configured like the whole forum ones.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...