X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hinch
    • Apr 2001

3.8 upgrade is giving array_merge errors

I've just upgraded to 3.8 and its started giving me the following error

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/functions.php(1443) : eval()'d code on line 9

a quick dig around provided this thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291928 which in turn provided me with the define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); for the config.

now everything works but I'd like to reenable modules as I need to reinstall the vbblog system into the site.

At the moment there's no plugins/products mentioned in the admin panel at all so I don't quite understand why disabling plugins/products fixes this issue when its not even using any at the moment.

There were some plugins installed prior to the upgrade however I uninstalled all of these via the admincp before completing the upgrade.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
  • hinch
    • Apr 2001

Bump before bed

Anyone got any suggestions I'd really like to get mods re-enabled sometime soon so i can turn the blog back on

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Whatever add-on this is, it it using this hook:

($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('fetch_userinfo')) ? eval($hook) : false;

For further help with add-ons, please post over at www.vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hinch
        • Apr 2001

Right based off the fetch_userinfo I found a stray product installed unnder vbulletin which I assumed was a standard product called "welcome panel" now I've not had a welcome panel installed for best part of 2 years so if this wasn't a vb official plugin its been stray code in the base for ages now.

Anyway removed and re-enabled mods and its kinda working.

The main forum is now displaying fine without errors however in admincp and on the blog pages i'm still getting the error

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/functions.php(1443) : eval()'d code on line 3

though this time its not completely nuking the admin cp so the board and tools still function.

Any idea's what could be causing it this time?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Its the exact same line in functions.php so its still a plugin on that same hook. You need to uninstall all plugins/products. Then install them one at a time until the error occurs. Once the error occurs then contact the author of that plugin/product and ask for support.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• hinch
            • Apr 2001

yeah resolved it now all plugins/products were removed apart from yours (which is assumed to work) however a previous one hadn't uninstalled clean so I had to manually remove it from a db entry issue seems to be resolved now

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...