How to disable the option to register with "Unregistered" nickname??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drBuddha
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

How to disable the option to register with "Unregistered" nickname??

Hey,

On our vbulletin forums, we are allow to people use an unregistered users.

Today, I have found that as a result of registration by someone with the nick "unregistered", all the guests people on our forums cannot reply to anything and get a failure message saying, "That username is already in use. If you are Unregistered and you have forgotten your password..."

For a temporary solution, we have changed for this guy his nickname.
    But what can we do to prevent from people to register with that nickname again in the future?

Important to mark, "Illegal User Names" under User Registration Options is useless, cause it limits from using that name as a guest too!

Houston, we have a problem..

Thanks.
  • tsak76
    • May 2005
    • 3.6.x

what if u ban the user who registered with the username "unregister" ??

Comment

• drBuddha
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

It doesn't matter, a guest who try to use an existing username (banned or not), gets a failure message like I explaind before.

Help plz

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

Guests can specify a username when posting. Banning the username unregistered will require all guests to enter a username to post as a guest as well as stopping users from registering the username unregistered

Comment

• drBuddha
          • Oct 2007
          • 3.6.x

But I don't want that the system will require all guests to enter a username to post!
          Guests don't need a nickname usually (cause they want to be annonymous), and if they are, it's should be something that not exist.

I want them (the guests) to be permitted to use "Unregistered" username, but not register with it.

Is it so big request?
          I have found the solution for this issue, and therefore posted that.

If know how to help me, please.

Thank you.

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...