Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPnyc
    • Jan 2005

D is null

D is null vbulletin_global.jsv=372 (line 11)
    is the error I'm getting when we try to use quick edit. I've also tested with an unaltered set of templates, and it's the same.

I just tried with plug-ins disabled, no difference.
    Last edited by JPnyc; Wed 16 Jul '08, 10:24am.
  • Andy Huang
    • Feb 2004

The most common cause are one of two things:
    1) The js file is some how corrupted... try to re-upload that file, and see if it fixes it self.
    2) There may be a conflicting javascript some where on your template which is setting the variable to null. Check the templates you've last edited, and see for any javascripts in them; try to revert the edits manually, and see if that resolves the problem.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

• JPnyc
      • Jan 2005

OK we'll try the first, the second has been eliminated because it also occurs with fresh templates completely unaltered, and with all plug-ins disabled. Thanks

Comment

• JPnyc
        • Jan 2005

anything else you can think of? Replacing the file had no effect. Working with unaltered templates and no plug-ins. PHP version 4.3.4, my SQL version is later than the minimum requirements listed for this version of vBulletin.

Comment

• Andy Huang
          • Feb 2004

Sounds very odd... I think we'll need to sit down and check it out ourselves to figure out what's causing this...
          If you don't mind sharing the URL, please post a link to the exact page this is happening, so we can check it.
          If you do mind, as some people feel the need for privacy for whatever reason, please open a ticket and let us know the link. If you open a ticket, please be sure to include a brief note about this thread... so we know what the link is about
          Best Regards,
          Andy Huang

Comment

• JPnyc
            • Jan 2005

the URL is: http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/index.php but I'm afraid that's not going to help much. The live style is not the unaltered one I was testing with. It also has plug-ins enabled at present, and they were disabled when I tested with fresh templates. in addition, quick edit is currently disabled to allow our users to edit their posts. It was impossible to do otherwise.

I was testing with fresh templates that are only accessible to admins. I can't take down the live style or disable the plug-ins, for more than a few seconds. I guess I better open a ticket, thanks.

Comment

• Andy Huang
              • Feb 2004

I think it may have something to do with your ad processing javascript. As soon as I land on showthread page, I see a bunch of javascript errors accumulate in my webdeveloper tool addon. Clearing the errors, and refresh the page, it says:
              Code:
              Error: OAS_RICH is not defined
              Source File: http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10218925
              Line: 454
              Not sure if it has anything to do with my ad block addon, but that error is causing my cpu to heat up, and seem to be halting further script executions.
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

• JPnyc
                • Jan 2005

I think it is probably ad block, but I was testing with purely unaltered templates. No adverts or scripting or anything else, not even color or formatting changes. Just basic vBulletin templates. It has to be either some setting we have wrong within vBulletin, or perhaps some condition on the server, but I haven't a clue where to begin to look. It also occurs with the same version on our dev site

Comment

• JPnyc
                  • Jan 2005

by the way, I should mention that's the only Ajax function that isn't working. Quick Ajax reply works, as does Ajax thread title editing from the forum display page.

Comment

• JPnyc
                    • Jan 2005

Another symptom, "Mark this forum read", in the drop-down at the forum display level, also doesn't function, and again, this was tested with both fresh unaltered templates, as well as altered ones.

Comment

• Colin F
                      • May 2004

Could you open a support ticket, providing AdminCP and FTP login details please?
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• JPnyc
                        • Jan 2005

Certainly, we plan to do that(hopefully)today. It's just that we're a rather large company and I don't have the member/license info personally, I have to get to somebody within the company who does, and they have to open the ticket.

Comment

• Colin F
                          • May 2004

If you can send an email to [email protected] with the login details that should work
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• JPnyc
                            • Jan 2005

Thank you so much for all your help. I'm told a support ticket has been opened for this issue. I guess they'll take it from here on.

Comment

• JPnyc
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by JPnyc
                              Thank you so much for all your help. I'm told a support ticket has been opened for this issue. I guess they'll take it from here on.
                              well whatever is causing this, the vBulletin representative couldn't find it either.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...