X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ohsuria
    • Jan 2008

WYSIWYG problem with IE Browser

Greetings,

I am a new user of vBulletin and just installed the newer stable version of 3.6.8.

wysiwyg editor in ie7 is not clickable (smilies, font, bold, etc..)
    in ie6 there is a javascript error, but I forget what the message is.

I know my problem has been discussed in other threads, but almost all of the solution is to revert all.

I have tried to trace which script that make the errors, and find out that I use mootools js for my existing template. mootools.js is a js from my joomla template. If I remove this js then the editor works again.

If possible and I want to still use my existing template and able to use wysiwyg feature too.
    is there any solution for this?

Please kindly advise.

For your referral I attached the js that make wysiwyg editor not working. (I renamed the file from .js to .txt)

Thank you.

Regards,
    Suria OH.
    Attached Files
    www.our-hotels.com - Worldwide hotel reservation including flights, cars, cruises and vacation package.
    http://forum.our-hotels.com - Join our new travel forum - Discuss about travel, places and hotels.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is a problem with your custom templates. You will need to revert those templates then redo your changes one at a time.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ohsuria
      • Jan 2008

sorry.. does it mean I cannot use my current template?
      www.our-hotels.com - Worldwide hotel reservation including flights, cars, cruises and vacation package.
      http://forum.our-hotels.com - Join our new travel forum - Discuss about travel, places and hotels.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That's correct. You need to revert your custom templates and redo your changes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ohsuria
          • Jan 2008

Sorry to ask again Steve..

will this issue be fixed in version 3.7.0?
          if yes, I rather choose not to use wysiwyg editor and wait for the next version.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ohsuria
            Sorry to ask again Steve..

will this issue be fixed in version 3.7.0?
            if yes, I rather choose not to use wysiwyg editor and wait for the next version.
            The issue is caused by a conflict with third-party code. The style would have to be updated to work correctly with vBulletin.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• abroad
              • Mar 2007
              • 3.6.x

I have the same problem...I can edit the text as an admin but when I log in just as a registered user I can not change font etc...

what is the problem here? the templates???

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by abroad
                I have the same problem...I can edit the text as an admin but when I log in just as a registered user I can not change font etc...

what is the problem here? the templates???
                When things like the WYSIWYG editor, dropdown menus or other javascript driven items do not work, it is usually a conflict with third-party javascript interfering with the initialization of vBulletin's javascript code which happens in the footer. If you have any template changes that include javascript files or alter the body statement on a page, then this is most likely the cause.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...