• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alkahf
    • Nov 2001
    • 4.1.x

I voted planet-flipside.com
    Its nice style
    الحمدُ للهِ الذي أنزلَ على عبدِهِ الكتابَ و لم يجعل لهُ عِوَجًا - سورة الكهف 1
    Winner - vB Board of the Month - March 2008
    Winner vB Board of Year 2005
    vbulletinclub.com

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

A quick reminder that the nomination round for BOTM:February-2008 has started:

Comment

• aljawariss
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by alkahf
        I voted planet-flipside.com
        Its nice style

Thanks For all Arabic Users

and

I want quit From this competition

This is the beginning of the end

of Arabic User

Good louk

alwafi
        http://www.aljawariss.net/upload/Fol...ariss-logo.jpg

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

I don't understand why you say that. This is a fair competition and that is now immune to people trying to stuff the ballot box.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• AWS
            • Apr 2000
            • 5.2.x

It's never been fair. Look what happens whenever a staff member or one of the designers that has a following has a forum in the competition.
            You want a fair contest disallow staff members or sites affiliated with vbulletin from entering the competition.
            Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

The aljawariss.net site has requested to be removed from this poll.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                • Feb 2005
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by AWS
                It's never been fair. Look what happens whenever a staff member or one of the designers that has a following has a forum in the competition.
                You want a fair contest disallow staff members or sites affiliated with vbulletin from entering the competition.
                That is just not true in my case, as I voted becaues I like what I see. Floris and I are not friends at all nor I am in contact with any staff. If what you say is true, then should not he have more votes. This is open to all who own a license vBulletin. If you want to see 'The Oscars' / 'The Golden Raspberry' type rewards, then why not just post your details in 'site suggestion' for how you want awards to be given out. I would like to see these types of awards if and when a mass majority agrees to it.

I just going to click on 'Vote' from now on and not get involve with this too much.

Comment

• Comtech
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by AWS
                  I personally voted for wetalk.tv as it is the best looking, most unique forum design out of the bunch. It has nothing to do with who may be a staff member. I suspect that 99% of other voters also do not base their vote on who is or is not a staff member.

Comment

• KW802
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Discussions
                    ... It has nothing to do with who may be a staff member. I suspect that 99% of other voters also do not base their vote on who is or is not a staff member.
                    Based upon the last nomination thread it is very clearly evident that people do indeed cast their votes based upon whose site it is.

{Kevin sends a big Thank You to everybody who has voted so far and goes back to lurking.}
                    [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

• Shazzâ„¢
                      • Jul 2006
                      • 3.7.x

The poll in votes are really low ? or is this normal.
                      Sound District

Comment

• Comtech
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Shazzâ„¢
                        The poll in votes are really low ? or is this normal.
                        This is normal. Only a handful of licensed users even pay attention to BOTM.

With the new restrictions in place we will see even fewer votes than on previously voted on polls. These restrictions are created to ensure that 0 day sign ups, 0 posts,1 post voters are also not allowed.

Fewer fraudulent votes will "hopefully" equate to a higher quality of outcome for the BOTM.

Comment

• Comtech
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by KW802
                          Based upon the last nomination thread it is very clearly evident that people do indeed cast their votes based upon whose site it is.

Maybe the process of picking each month's BOTM candidates could become atomized versus a manual process. Create a generator that will go through every known / registered vBulletin forum community where the administrator has clicked on an I would like to take part in BOTM button. The script would randomly choose the top five sites and email the listed administrators of their site being listed. If a site has previously been in BOTM within a one year period then it would not be allowed to partake in the BOTM contest until the one year period has expired.
                          Last edited by Comtech; Tue 22 Jan '08, 9:33pm.

Comment

• AWS
                            • Apr 2000
                            • 5.2.x

Originally posted by s.molinari
                            That isn't a bad idea, but what we want is quality not quantity. The seconding nominations is sort of a first filter. Basically only "worthy" boards are nominated for the contest. Again, what makes a board worthy of getting a vote or a nomination is up to each individual. If they get votes due to a fan base, then so be it. The object of this contest is to promote vBulletin and, if a vB team member wins the contest or a board wins because it supports vBulletin, then that is as good a reason to win as any in my book. I am not sure why anyone would call that unfair. The team members work their butts off for vB and a site that support vB is, well supportive. What could better promote the software than knowing you have an even bigger support base? I don't know.

Scott
                            What you say may be correct, however I respectively disagree. Letting staff members enter instantly makes the conest a no win for the other sites entered. Just because they work their butts off is no reason to allow anyone in.
                            Don't they already get paid to support vbulletin?
                            Isn't that enough compensation for working their butts off?

Discussions suggestion would instanly make the contest fair for all. Pick 10 or so random sites from the db, post them in the nominations thread, and after they are seconded use whatever method you use now to choose 5.

BOTM as it is now is even more of a sham then it was before the new rules. The best thing to happen to it was when it was shutdown. Shold have left it that way.
                            Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by AWS
                              What you say may be correct, however I respectively disagree. Letting staff members enter instantly makes the conest a no win for the other sites entered. Just because they work their butts off is no reason to allow anyone in.
                              Don't they already get paid to support vbulletin?
                              Isn't that enough compensation for working their butts off?

Discussions suggestion would instanly make the contest fair for all. Pick 10 or so random sites from the db, post them in the nominations thread, and after they are seconded use whatever method you use now to choose 5.

BOTM as it is now is even more of a sham then it was before the new rules. The best thing to happen to it was when it was shutdown. Shold have left it that way.
                              I don't think Scott was referring to "winning because they give support" but because they work as hard as any other on their own vb powered forums.

I still think that issues with BOTM should be taken into private with Scott so the staff can review it. Instead of discussing them in the actual thread - since most comments/arguments are about the contest in general, not the particular contest running.

Comment

• aljawariss
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Discussions
                                This is normal. Only a handful of licensed users even pay attention to BOTM.

With the new restrictions in place we will see even fewer votes than on previously voted on polls. These restrictions are created to ensure that 0 day sign ups, 0 posts,1 post voters are also not allowed.

Fewer fraudulent votes will "hopefully" equate to a higher quality of outcome for the BOTM.
                                Hello everyone

I have promised that I do not come back, we have stated previously, even if we are talking of a State or different from the language and the language of this site may call on what we say and we apply the new Rule may be deprived of the competition and may be deprived of participation in the times to come bids

But I promised you to say that the competition was not a circumvention of any But if you like fans Speaking This is a detour and circumvent the vote and contest and I say if the administration estimated this site Arabic language and all users of the Arabs there was a fair competition if there
                                Section Forum supports the Arab nomination was sound and that there Post's up to the 1000 post

But language deprive them of that they have other locations Arab write about this program and support him

But is the administration will respect the Arabs use of this program and set a fair law for participating in the competition in the coming months

And I am here for you defend the all Arabic users of this program
                                I say we all respect this program and supported and work to develop all forums and Arabic sites on this program but we do not get support from the company an opportunity to get a chance to have an official site or the official sicetion in this forum.

i am support the vBulletin program from 2002 and develop all forums and Arabic sites to change forums programs to vBulletin for free and
                                we hope the mangment to see what we doing and help us to support this program by Arabic language .

thanks and

best regard's
                                http://www.aljawariss.net/upload/Fol...ariss-logo.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...