Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlashFocus
    • Jul 2005

Template in another template with variables

I'm creating borders with flash around the vB blocks on my board, but I'd like to use an easy way to do so. The replacement variables won't do it because it is necessary to send extra information (URL and id) to the variable.

Is it possible to 'open' a template with some variables fromout another template? Or is there some other way to do this?

Thanks!
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

You could possibly do this with template edits, or with additional custom templates (requires plugins - ask at vBulletin.org for help).

However, to give a more accurate explanation of what is required, could you possibly provide a screenshot with a bit of photoshopping to show what you mean.

Comment

• FlashFocus
      • Jul 2005

Template edits are possible offcourse, but with the use of Flash and swfObject that will be a huge job. In attachement template.jpg you can see how I'd like to 'open' the other template and send some variables with it.

Should be possible

edit:
      At this moment we are using phrases to add this kind of things, but that's not really correct offcourse. Maybe it's still the best way, but I hope it's possible how I show it in the screendumbs.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by FlashFocus; Wed 31 Jan '07, 1:52am. Reason: More info

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

The best way to do this then is with custom templates. You will need a plugin to be able to display them.

There is an article at vBulletin.org which explains who to do this. You can find the article here: How To Include A Custom Template Via Plugins

Comment

• FlashFocus
          • Jul 2005

Great and clear article Kerry-Anne, but is it possible to send variables with them? Something like $mytemplate['http://www.google.nl','#ff0000']

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

You need to ask at vBulletin.org as this involves modifications.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...