X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Put your URL here to discover what will happen
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• bluecafe
      • Nov 2006

but how i can know that a site is running in nulled version??and what you can do?

Comment

• ManagerJosh
        • Jun 2002

Again, put the URL in there to find out
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• bluecafe
          • Nov 2006

bro have a question if anyone use 3.5.3 nulled version will you take anything to protect this?and if a hester who has deticated server and run nulled version on his server can you take any step to stop this...

thanks

Comment

• Colin F
            • May 2004

Yes, we can and will.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• bluecafe
              • Nov 2006

ok, i have sent some site name which have no licence(i think).but if anyone has deticated server(own)or hosting site on offshore hosting ...and run nulled version can you portect.don't think you can do...

Comment

• Quillz
                • Nov 2004
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by bluecafe
                if anyone don't buy the script and useing nulled version,there are any problem?
                I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking if you can use a nulled version without a license? If so, the answer is no.
                Forums

Comment

• ---MAD---
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by bluecafe
                  ok, i have sent some site name which have no licence(i think).but if anyone has deticated server(own)or hosting site on offshore hosting ...and run nulled version can you portect.don't think you can do...
                  Could take you to court .

Comment

• ComputerVitals
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Could Jelsoft take a person to court for using a nulled version?
                    I would assume so. But would they?
                    I guess it depends on the person/company and if it's worth the time and money to do so.

It's easier for Jelsoft to talk with the hosting company and have the site disabled and give that user a change to purchase a copy.

Comment

• Andy Huang
                      • Feb 2004

Here's a few facts:
                      1) You cannot use any version of the software without a license.
                      2) You void all your warranty and support by using ANY version of the software other than the one you obtained via members area here.
                      3) You void all your warranty and support by editing the version of the software you downloaded via members area.
                      4) Nulled version have a lot of known security issues which I will not outline. By using them (which is illegal in 99% of the case), you open your forum, and everything associated with it up to hackers and malicious users.
                      5) Your host may close your account (this applies to dedicated/colocated servers in datacenters) when they notice you are housing illegal software using their bandwidth, even if you are rightfully licensed.
                      6) Jelsoft can, have been, and always will take appropriate legal actions against those using vBulletin illegally.

Long story short? Avoid the hassle, buy a license, and use only the software you get via member's area. If you cannot afford it, there are other legal alternatives that are free/cheaper for you; because you definetly cannot afford the legal expenses that may incur.

Also, thread like this should be closed... because there is really no "if" or "but" in this situation... Just don't even think about it
                      Best Regards,
                      Andy Huang

Comment

• Tommy12345
                        • Nov 2006

I do not see any bugs yet with vbulliten, give them the credit and buy it instead of downloading the free null version, they deserve credit for having a fine product and should be rewarded for their hard work to improve the board.

I bought a script a few years ago which was badly written, rip off, makes you want to get revenge..by.. They also later on, zend encript the admin section, i had bought an older version and took me along time to reverse engineer what they did to the new version. The script is called _ _ _ _ _ _ _
                        Last edited by Tommy12345; Thu 11 Jan '07, 1:24pm.

Comment

• simsim
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Reading some of the questions on this thread, now I completely understand those who use problematic encoders to protect their assets! Despite the moral side, if I was able to use a nulled version of vB & be 100% sure nobody will discover me, I'll just buy it as a reward for Jelsoft for making such a perfect software.
                          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• Quillz
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by ComputerVitals
                            Could Jelsoft take a person to court for using a nulled version?
                            I would assume so. But would they?
                            I guess it depends on the person/company and if it's worth the time and money to do so.

It's easier for Jelsoft to talk with the hosting company and have the site disabled and give that user a change to purchase a copy.
                            Considering using a nulled version w/o a license is a breach of their intellectual property, they could take you to court. However, I doubt this has happened very often, as almost all potential court cases never actually go to trial, and are settled privately. Not to mention that many times, the people who are distributing nulled versions tend to be in countries where are little to no copyright enforcement laws.
                            Forums

Comment

• JakeS
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl
                              That makes zero sense. Why would you want to use a nulled version after you have bought it?

And the answer to your question is no. You would need to download and overwrite the files with the bought version. Not to say it wouldn't possibly cause errors either. Of course the only reason I can see for this question is if you are already using a nulled version or know someone that is.

Using nulled software is a big gamble. Just because it says 'null', doesn't mean there isn't coding in it that doesn't give a backdoor to the site its being used on, to the people that nulled it in the first place. Not only is using nulled software a huge legal risk, it's a huge security risk as well.
                              Not every null has this backdoor, most don't, besides even if you use a null theres one big fat way of telling if its a null.

Comment

• Chousho
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by JakeS
                                Not every null has this backdoor, most don't, besides even if you use a null theres one big fat way of telling if its a null.
                                Checking the JS? Umm, odd error just happened (instead of seeing line breaks, 2
                                tags just came up in the window.)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...