Post Spammers Email/IP's/Login's To Preemptively Ban Them To Help Out Other Admins?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadhook
    • Sep 2005

Post Spammers Email/IP's/Login's To Preemptively Ban Them To Help Out Other Admins?

Is this an alright idea? I know that I've been getting bombarded by spammers recently and it's getting really old, really fast. There is one group that keeps posting the same post about the same product, just different logins and email's/ip's every day.

So, in the interest of helping everyone else out, perhaps it'd help if we all posted the known spammer email's, user names and ip's to preemptively ban them and help one another out.

Thoughts?

(Admins/Mods - I hope this is okay to post. I know that a lot of us have begun to endure more spamming recently and I figured this is a way for us to help one another out. Ideally as well, if these spammers come to find that they are banned from sites before they even got a chance to post at them, perhaps they'll get the picture.)
    Last edited by deadhook; Fri 1 Dec '06, 2:14am.
  • sv1cec
    • May 2004

Is it from someone who sells mobile phones and other electronic devices like iPODs?
    John Caradimas

Comment

• deadhook
      • Sep 2005

Yeah, I got them as well as spammers selling sexual stimulants and other pharmaceuticals, spyware removal software (ironically), virus and other computer security software and several more.

Here are the usernames and emails I suggest people preemptively ban. Please provide your list as well if you have them, but please make sure to ONLY post those of KNOWN spammers.

USER NAMES:
      FredehVefr
      GretetrUiu
      Hredgferd
      HredsanBer
      johnlohanmclee
      KassandraE
      KilkaSerko
      KreDiNyuTr
      mobiles11
      BreGellk
      Bryan9000

EMAILS:
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]

Comment

• bplinson
        • Mar 2004
        • 6.X

Search is your friend....http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210924

Comment

• deadhook
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by bplinson
          Perhaps you should heed your own advice, that post you linked is one I started. Why would I use search to find a post I put up?

I only put the same thread in 2 different forums because I figured that the 3.0 and 3.5 users would both be interested. Didn't think that 3.0 users would be checking in on the 3.5 forum and vice versa....just trying to help out other admin's and mod's.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...